Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
floridarandy
Accepted Solution

7360 Downgrade to XP

Greetings - just bought a refurb A58 which came pre-installed with Vista Business.  Corporate envirnment will require XP.  Computer boots fine as if new.

I understand there is a way to downgrade to XP using another copy of XP and then calling Microsoft with the Vista Business install code?  Is this true?

Will this wipe the preloaded Lenovo stuff the machine came with?

Final question:  What's with the multiple partitions on the hard drive....looks like the main area...a resucue area?  and a third smaller partition?

Thanks in advance.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: 7360 Downgrade to XP

not sure whether the downgrade rights is applicable in the manner you described, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

The partition that you see is the recovery partition for your hdd and another smaller partition contains the recovery media, which can restore the hdd to the condition that it was shipped to you from factory. i.e. with windows and drivers installed. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
floridarandy

Re: 7360 Downgrade to XP

according to IBM service the downgrade rights are no longer available.  I've purchased a set of the recovery disks and the XP downgrade disk (about $55 US shipped) that would have come with new machines.  While there may have been a cheaper solution this guarantees the result i need with a minimum of time.  thanks for your help.