Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
tspurgeo

Re: A61e motherboard issues...

The case that was opened with Lenovo was closed since we have had no more failures, this was a few months ago. Since then we have been trying to work with our Zone's rep. and Zone's Lenovo rep. to try and get an extra year on our warranty. So far this has gone no where and it appears that Zone's Lenovo rep has given up on this situation. Our company has started to move towards another PC manufacturer, and I personally will not recommend Lenovo PC's to anyone for any reason. If there are any Lenovo personnel that would like to further discuss this with me please PM me.

Punch Card
tspurgeo

Obviously this isn't a "Hot Topic" since it made it to page 3 without anyone replying... Lenovo has no faith in their product since they wouldn't even give us an extra year warranty for our problem PCs. Our company won't be buying anymore Lenovo PCs and have already started switching to HP. I won't even recommend Lenovo to anyone else. Support was horrible only because it took 3 months for someone to get back to us just to say sorry we can't do anything for you. Fortunately we haven't had any more major problems, at least in mass amounts. We did have one more Lenovo M58p fail on a BIOS update. The tech that came out to replace the board screwed up again by connecting the front panel to a USB connection. This was the second time he has done this and again I had to show him how he screwed up.Being that Lenovo has dropped the ball on our issue, there is no resolution. Unless you call switching to a different PC manufacturer a resolution.

Punch Card
tspurgeo

[ Edited ]

As an FYI, we have had another Lenovo die. Same issues as before. Again would be nice if we had more then just basic tech support on this.

An email from Matt, critical situation guy, regarding recent failure:

If there have been no additional failures which would result in being considered 'abnormal', I will be closing this  situation for now.  Should (although we don't anticipate it) the failures become unmanageable, etc, we can  reopen your situation.

In my mind it seems that they expect these machines to fail and don't care to look into problem any further.

I have called the basic tech support and a new mobo has been ordered, they are currently out of stock.

Punch Card
tspurgeo

Obviously no one is paying attention to this thread anymore, but I have had 2 more motherboard failures. The last time a mobo failed I emailed Matt from Lenovo and this is the response I got:

Ok, considering the age of these machines going forward, I would only suspect these failures to occur sporadically in the future.  Unless for whatever reason you are having a multitude of failures and all are occurring within a reasonable time frame, these units should be handled through the normal support process and there is no need to advise me of these failures. 

In my eyes that means that they don't care about this problem anymore. Well, it's costing us a lot of time and money having to repair these, granted they are under warranty, traveling to the different locations, calling tech support, "babysitting" a third party tech that keeps plugging cables in the wrong places. Anyone from Lenovo wanna help??

Punch Card
tspurgeo

Oh joy, another Lenovo has just died... 3 in the last 2 weeks.

Punch Card
tspurgeo

GUESS WHAT LENOVO FORUM? Another machine has failed. This would make #4 in the last 2 weeks. Should I call Matt from Lenovo, or will he not care like the last time?

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,306
Solutions: 283

[ Edited ]

tspurgeo,

I'll check with Matt and his team and see what can be done, but it sounds as though the team evaluated the failure rate, noted that warranty coverage is available and invited you to revisit the issue with them if your data changed.

Have you requested a call with Matt and team to review your failure rates?  

It seems like 3 of your 4  recent fails have occured in the last 2-3 days.   This forum is a peer to peer support - posting here may get attention, but it is certainly not the primary support channel - that would be to call technical support to obtain warranty service.   For our business accounts, such as yourself, we have a project office to aid in resolving situations that can't be handled through normal processes.   Let's arrange a call.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español