Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
richard2007

BIOS set up

Hi, I owned a lenovo ThinkCentre A61 desktop(off-Lease), and I followed the instructions to try to go to BIOS , but, no matter how I tried, it did not show the BIOS screen, when I pressed F1 key, it only showed window boot manager, please help, thanks.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: BIOS set up

Hello Richard2007 and welcome to community,

Kindly have the updated BIOS and then try to enter into BIOS by pressing F1 key.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/2ujy60usa.exe

No external devices should be connected.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
richard2007

[ Edited ]

Hi, Tanuj, thank you for your instruction to try to get into Lonovo A61 desktop, I did another bios update, after you told it, believe me, it still wo'nt work, I have been trying very hard to get into BIOS, followed the user guide, pressed F1 many times, and still SAW nothing on the screen, all it showed is "A BLANK Screen" thats all, so, please help me more to unlock the BIOS program, it is not a simlpe solution, and did not show before window starts which key to hit for the BIOS program, thank you very much,another thing is that : what do you mean that  "no external devices should be connected ?" what about a usb-based keyboard " or  a ps2 based keyboard ?   thank you very much for the help.

Paper Tape
richard2007

Hi, Tanuj, forgot to ask you that  I have been thinking to buy another lenovo desktop(off-lease), will that lenovo desktop(off-lease) will have the same problem which is do'nt show BIOS program, I do'nt want to after I received it and find out it has the same problem, thanks a lot

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

are you using a PS/2 or a USB keyboard?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
richard2007

Hi, thank you for your help, I actually used both kind keyboards to try it, with usb keyboard, according to the lenovo A61 user guide : "is to repeatly press F1 key during startup, and I tried it, the result is the same, A BLANK BLACK SCREEN." and I read a article in about.com saying--try to use PS2 keyboard, because some computers will start POST before usb keyboard, and it may not get into BIOS setup--and I also tried with PS2 keyboard, and the result is the same, it's wired, it's a off-lease computer sold by a company and reinstalled with window 7 home preium, will that BIOS possibly being removed, please help, thanks.

tanujhanda

The new desktop do not have any issue like this,

Can you please check with another PS/2 keyboard.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

tanujhanda

[ Edited ]

Please try the following method to enter into BIOS.

Press and hold the F1 key then turn on the computer. When you hear multiple beeps, release the F1 key.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Paper Tape
richard2007

Hi, Tanuj, thank you again, I tried the new way you gave me, but, the result is the same, i.e. A BLANK BLACK SCREEN,  it's wired, can you figure out what it could be? thanks, much appreciated.

Paper Tape
richard2007

BIOS help

Hi, first, I really appreciated those people who posted their informations to help me, I want to update the condition that is the technician from the company who sold the computer suggested me to reset the bios by removing the battery and reinstall it, and I did, after that, still a blank screen, no BIOS screen showed up, now, I can't even get into the window program, really wired, is there a way to fix it? please help, thanks.