Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
fil81

DVD reader issue A70Z

dvd issue

I have the following problem with an A70Z (0401) OS 7. When I try to play DVDs some work absolutely fine some other keep trying to load but the system dose not seem to be able to read them.

The dvd is set on region 2 and all the dvds I am using are original, new, and PAL 2. I already updated the drivers, and reinstalled the dvd hardware. The issue happens only with certain DVD regularly while other DVDs work regularly fine. The same DVDs that do not work on this machine work regularly on another thinkpad (much older t40).

So hardware should be ok (it works for CDs and some DVDs). Drivers should be ok (all updated) DVDs are original and working on other machines. 

Just weird, any suggestion?

Thanks!

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: DVD reader issue A70Z

hey fil81,

welcome to the forum.

to be honest, i have come across what you have experience before exactly.

and i still have yet to determine why DVD-A will only play in Drive-A and not in Drive-B but DVD-B can play in both Drive-A and Drive-B.

would really love to give a suggestion but from what i can see here, your drive is working fine.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.