Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
mhoraney

Disable on-board video - M90p

Is there a non-bios way to disable the on-board video on a M90p?  In Bios, you can only select what video is primary.  Is there possibly a jumper solution?  I am trying to install both PCI-e and PCI video cards.  PCI video cards are not recognized with a PCI-to-PCI bridge exclamation error.  Hopefully, truly disabling the onboard will relieve this error.

Thanks!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,200
Solutions: 1,276

Re: Disable on-board video - M90p

it is done automatically, there is no jumper or BIOS setting for it.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
mhoraney

I am trying to use a Nvidia 8400GS PCI video card with Win7.  I have also tried out a second M90p and second PCI 8400GS without any luck.  I even tried an old Rage XL with no luck.  PCI video cards are not recognized with the bridge error.  They are not even recognized as a standard VGA adapter.  Video is pumped through, with zero options to change or update settings.  Attempting to update the bridge error, just tells me that the PCI Bridge drivers are up to date.  I cannot install as legacy hardware either, the card is not seen to load the drivers.

The end goal is to use a PCI-e 8400GS in tandem so that I can have 3 monitors.  The PCI-e card is recognized with no problem.  The Nvidia driver will only install the PCI if Windows 7 sees it (which it doesn't).  Tried all Nvidia driver installs including beta.

M90p BIOS is updated to latest.  On boot, the BIOS sees the "8400GS PCI", but Win7 will not load any drivers for it.

If I do not have the PCI-e card in, the PC only loads the onboard Intel HD video driver.  Either way, I can only run two monitors. 

The real bite is that it works fine under XP.  Both cards are seen and I can have 3 monitors.

It is not a WDDM issue in that it fails with the PCI-e card out. 

Could it be that Win 7 and the M90 PCI slot are not playing nice?  Has to be, in that Win7 and PCI slots in other PCs work fine.  The M90 PCI slot works fine in XP.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,200
Solutions: 1,276

just get a usb2dvi adapter and you can run your third monitor.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft