Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
brevetee
Accepted Solution

Dual Output Graphics Card for A58

Hi guys,

Work has just given me a Lenovo A58 SFF and whilst i dont have the serial number, I do know the following -

Lenovo ThinkCentre A58
Small Form Factor
Intel CORE 2 QUAD Q8400
4 GB RAM
320 GB hard drive

The machine is only used for work (spreadsheets, word processing and internet) and I would like to run dual monitors (both with VGA, PCI and HDMI inputs) but the Lenovo A58 SFF only offers a single VGA output.

I have done a quick search for a suitable graphics card in this forum, but the suggestions seem to be a bit out of date as the machine is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

As I work for a small company, we don't have an "IT Department", so it's left up to me to sort it out.

If you could please provide me with a couple of options, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,276

Re: Dual Output Graphics Card for A58

from memory the Nvidia NVS 300 works in the half height PCIe slot. Maybe you should give that a try. you can get a second hand one.

Alternatively, just get a ADD2DVI card like this, to bring up the DVI connection from your integrated graphics card.

http://shopap.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/auweb/LenovoPortal/en_AU/catalog.workflow:item.det...
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
brevetee

Hi Lead,

Thanks for the feedback.

Just a couple of quick questions... If i were to use the ADD2DVI card as per the one you suggested, are there any limitations on the second screen? Is it is a "true" second monitor? Or is it just an extension of the existing one?

Chris.

lead_org

1) The integrated graphics card on the A58 can support 2 monitors. The card is basically the second connector to the integrated graphics card.

2) limitation is that to do with graphics performance, you can't game on it. But office based apps will run fine. normal movies will also run fine.

3) it is a true second monitor, in that you can extend the display to make the two monitors run independently.
Regards,

Jin Li

Fanfold Paper
brevetee

Thanks Lead... you're a champ!!
Fanfold Paper
brevetee

Hi Lead,

I've just received and installed the Dual Output Graphics Card for the A58 (P/N: 43R1985) but when i go to install the software for Windows XP, i get the following error message -

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. Setup will exit".

As such, i haven't been able to install the software and can't get the second monitor to work... it just remains black.

Any suggesions?

brevetee
lead_org

http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT001253

according to the above link, you don't need a driver to get this working. You just need to have the latest intel video drivers for your integrated graphics card installed.
Regards,

Jin Li