Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
jcsnyc

Factory Restore - No Password M91p

Hello - 

We need to restore a M91p to Factory Setup.  I can boot to Restore program - but am prompted for past users login and pwd.  The user has left the company and does not remember his password.

Can I restore to Factory?  I don't care about old files, just want to install fresh Windows 7.

Any help appreciated.

sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

Re: Factory Restore - No Password M91p

I need to share with you that please try the steps to restore your system by using Rescue and Recovery, if the partition has been altered then it will not work.

1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. Repeatedly press and release the F11 key when turning on the computer. When you hear beeps or see a logo screen, release the F11 key.

3. Rescue and Recovery windows appears, and then follow online screen instructions.

Alternatively, you can restore your system from the recovery disc if you have.

After this, please check if the issue resolved.

Regards,

Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
mranallo

Re: Factory Restore - No Password M91p

I am having same issue. I get in with admin as the password, but then it prompts me to change it and keeps on rejecting what I try to change it to.