Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
cziggy

Lenovo M58 (8910APU) Windows XP Install Problems ACHI

So we purchased a Lenovo M58 8910APU and I am wanting to install Windows XP SP3 onto it but I don't have the correct SATA controller drivers.

I have followed the following document but the link they provide works but doesn't contain the drivers they mention.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_drivers/installing_retail_windowsxp.pdf

I have searched the download page for my specific model and tried to load the SATA drivers it mentions but I still get a blue screen while the Install is trying to load my drivers. Any help would be apprciated so I can install Windows XP

Fanfold Paper
cziggy

Re: Lenovo M58 (8910APU) Windows XP Install Problems ACHI

Anyone have any ideas what I could try to get this to work. I have tried slip streaming the drivers with nlite into the Windows XP installer but that fails too. Maybe I have the wrong drivers, I don't know.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

can't you get the desktop to run in compatibility mode first in your bios setting for sata?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
cziggy

Under SATA ACHI I can only Enable and Disable the setting. So I can disable the setting and install Windows XP Pro SP3 but as soon as Windows XP boots and the XP logo comes up, it will reboot and loop.

And I believe I just fixed my issue with this. I tried this in the past but it wouldnt work but it looks like because I didnt have IDE HDD and IDE CD on my boot list it would fail afterwards. But it looks to be all good now. Thanks for the help.