Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
a7madmas97
Accepted Solution

Lenovo thinkcenter A58 dosent installs windows xp

hi gys

how are you ?!?

i have thinkcenter a58 desktop

after i have been updatet my bios i wosnt able to install windows xp its freeze on the blue screen (setup is starting windows) i tried manny things but it seems that i need to get an old bios version can somebody get me an old bios version pleas my bios version now is 5HKT52A i tried to update it to 5HKT53A but also the same problem i want to get it back to 5HKT25A or older

note:
it runs windows 7 very good but i really need windows xp

i have an core2due processor and 3 gb ram and nvidia 1gb video card

i have searched alot at google and the problem is with the acpi multiproccesor and like this i tried to install windows by acpi only it shows only 1 processor at the task manger and the computer runs very slow i tried to make something to make it 2 processor and i faild

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Lenovo thinkcenter A58 dosent installs windows xp

Hello and welcome,

Your install problem may relate to BIOS version, but what you describe can also be caused by hard drive controller mode if you are installing from Microsoft media that doesn't include the AHCI driver.

Have you tried setting the SATA mode to "compatibility" (or IDE) mode in BIOS?

It is also happens sometimes with newer hardware that you must use XP install media that already includes SP2.  (XP and XP-SP1 can cause the installer to freeze later in the process.)

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Fanfold Paper
a7madmas97

thx for your replay

im installing windows xp sp3 i have tried to add the sata drivers to the cd it didn't work and i have tried to change the sata mode to compatibility also didnt work i have never installed a new hardware to my pc only the VGA card and when i bought the computer i put it and windows xp was working but after updating bios it didnt work !! i also tried to unplug the hdd and didnt work and i tried installing it with flash it didnt work too !
Fanfold Paper
a7madmas97

and one more thing when i registerd to the fourm all the language is weird maybe Germana maybe Spanish i don't understand any thing
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Sorry my suggestion didn't help :smileysad:

I've set your language to US English.  Does it look OK now?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Fanfold Paper
a7madmas97

ya thx very much :smileyvery-happy:

no problem but i asked some guy in the shopping mall actully he is good and he have alots of computers to fix he told me thay it may be your bios is new and dosent support windwos xp

and another thing should i install 64 or it dosent different ?

i really want an old bios version i cant find on the internet :smileysad:

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

What is your machine type?   (5441, 5473, etc...)

I see two sets of BIOS downloads.  Any chance you've installed the wrong one for your machine?  I wouldn't expect the wrong one to install, but maybe...

Also, one set of BIOS downloads talks about "UEFI" which is a little surprising (to me) for that machine.  Is there an option in BIOS that lets you switch between UEFI and Legacy?

Z.

Fanfold Paper
a7madmas97

its 7523 and i will chek now for the UEFI and Legacy

Fanfold Paper
a7madmas97

i have checked and i didnt find it at all :smileysad: umm but why lenovo remove the old version of bios !!