Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
helpme

M57 Audio Driver - Win XP

Downloaded audio driver for Windows XP , but computer freezes up when trying to install the drivers. Any suggestions

802.11n
netnubar

Re: M57 Audio Driver - Win XP

Hello helpme,

Just the obvious ones...

1. is it the right one for your box... it would be good if you could post your seven character product no. (XXXX-XXX), so that we can direct you to the right download if you haven't got the right one? 

Paper Tape
helpme

This is the  product no 6072A81
802.11n
netnubar

Hey helpme,

The correct driver for your box is here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-70760

You should read the installation instructions and the note "Before installing the package" (a note on the 'Universal Audio Architecture High Definition Audio Class Driver').

If the link does not take you where it should, then go to the 'Support & downloads' page, enter your product no. and click 'go'.  On the page that comes up, select 'Downloads and drivers' (on the left) and then refine results by 'audio'.

Paper Tape
helpme

What if I'm not sure regarding the "Before installing the package" If the factory installed preload has been removed and a shrink wrap copy of Windows XP or 2000 has been installed - Should I install it anyway?

802.11n
netnubar

Yes, I would install it anyway.  Make sure the Universal Audio Architecture High Definition Audio Class Driver is installed before the ADI SoundMAX driver is installed.

Good luck.