Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
ViciousLizard

Re: M57 - XP drivers for PCI Serial Port & PCI Simple Communications Controller are missing

These computers require you to install special patches from Lenovo before the OS will properly recognize onboard system devices such as sound, etc.

What's DOS?
80zboy

Re: M57 - XP drivers for PCI Serial Port & PCI Simple Communications Controller are missing

[ Edited ]

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70831.html

For my machine which is an M58, the file at the URL above did the trick.

Once you download and extract the file, there are three folders contained within.  Within two of these folders are setup.exe files.  If you run both of them, it should take care of both the PCI Simple Communications Port and the PCI Serial Port.

Message Edited by 80zboy on 03-13-2009 02:31 PM
What's DOS?
scottattrell

DUDE U FREAKIN  ROCK!!!!!  After literally weeks of searching and trying all kinds of useless drivers u found it... thanx a lot...I will post that link all around because numerous people have a similar issue  thanx again scott....
What's DOS?
Garyay

I have tried to install those setup.exe but still not successful. It is because the OS is windows server 2003.

Do anyone know the correct drivers for windows server 2003?

please help

What's DOS?
carver6

For T61p, I installe:

Local Manageability Service and Serial Over LAN (Intel AMT 2.6) driver for Windows Vista, XP - ThinkPad T61, T61p, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet, X300, Reserve Edition

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67881

I imagine if you search for Local Manageability Service and Serial Over LAN on the drivers page for your hardware, there should be a link to the correct drivers.

Token Ring
MacX

[ Edited ]

before you install Lenovo driver package for AMT - consider an upgrade of AMT firmware first

The Lenovo driver package for AMT package installs following AMT components

- Local Manageability Service (LMS)
- Serial Over LAN (SOL) driver
- Intel AMT Status application

Install on Windows 2003 Server does not work ? Try this

Extract the AMT driver

in directory structure to where extracted

\a3amt09us17\MEI\MEI

HECI.inf  -> INF does not support NT 5.2 (and Server 2003)

edit the HECI.inf

Copy the Intel.NTx86.5.1 stuff into the Intel.NTx86.5.2 section

;--------- Manufacturer and Models Sections ----------------------------------

[Manufacturer]
%MfgName% = Intel, NTx86.6.0, NTx86.5.2, NTx86.5.1, NTamd64

[Intel.NTx86.6.0]
; DisplayName               Section           DeviceId

%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E04
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E14
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E24
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E34

[Intel.NTx86.5.2]
; Empty section, so this INF does not support NT 5.2 and later for x86. (2003)

[Intel.NTx86.5.1]
; DisplayName               Section           DeviceId

%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E04
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E14
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E24
%HECI_DeviceDesc%=HECI_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E34

Windows 7:

Intel blog - regarding AMT drivers

http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2009/11/13/windows-7-and-vpro--any...

Quote:

"official AMT Windows 7 drivers will be available by OEMs in Q1 of 2010 (for now use compatability mode)"

Try a compatibility install of the Lenovo Vista driver package for AMT, as described in the Intel blog.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_AMT_versions

What's DOS?
crooklyn

This fixed my PCI Simple Communications controller

the exe should be 7vr109ww download from:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/ [...] MIGR-70313

then manually install driver called HECI with the device manager......as in let me decide what device and just navigate to the HECI.inf file

What's DOS?
gaholland

Hi there,

I see this thread is an old one, but as it is the top result on Google for this issue, I wanted to post the fix after arriving at it via Lenovo support. As mentioned above, these unknown devices on an XP install are indeed the AMT serial over lan (SOL) drivers, which you may or may not need. The links above appear to be broken however, so I called in and got the correct location. Pop your browser over to here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT037608

Download the AMT 7.1 driver and install. Presto! The devices should now be registered properly in device manager.

Note: These drivers may also apply to other platforms and OS's including Windows 7 which makes it still relevant. You can also get to this page from the main support site by searching HT037608. 

Hope this helps others out there!

What's DOS?
Elsie

In my case I needed a driver for the IBM ThinkCentre M58 and found that the PCI simple communications controller was the Intel® ME: Management Engine Driver for Intel 4 Series Chipset-Based Desktop Boards and I found the driver here:-

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=16953&keyword=%22me+intel+chipset+ser...

I spent hours and hours researching this and it appears that the PCI Simple comms controller is a generic term that windows gives to a peripheral for which it has no driver so there can be various possibilities but thankfully this one worked for me!

Paper Tape
uid0

[ Edited ]

To: 80zboy

Thank you very much for the clear instruction on how to fix the PCI Serial Port drivers. Without your information of running the two setup.exe files, I won't be able to find it myself. Thanks again!