Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
PGaetani
Accepted Solution

M70e Dual display adapters - VGA and DVI (Quadro FX380)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My team has recently been given M70e SFF machines with dual monitors to work on. These computers for some reason all came with nVidia Quadro FX380 workstation GPUs, I've installed drivers for both the nVidia cards and the integrated intel chips (both work fine individually). My problem is that I cannot get them to work at the same time, I can only have one monitor working at any one time.

Currently running Win7 Pro 32-bit on all the machines, and have checked the BIOS settings for the display adapters, I get the following options:

IGD (Which I assume is integrated graphics due to it activating the VGA alone)

IGD/PCI (Integrated/regular PCI card, only VGA monitor works)

IGD/PEG (Integrated/PCIe, only VGA works)

PCI/IGD (PCI/integrated, only VGA works)

PCI/PEG (PCI/PCIe, only monitor hooked up to the quadro works)

PEG/IGD (PCIe/integrated, this is the one I wish worked, but only the quadro works on this one)

PEG/PCI (PCIe/PCI, only quadro works)

I've searched all over the BIOS for any other options that refer to the display but I've had no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I do have the ADD2 adapter which works fine alongside the integrated graphics, cannot try it with the Quadro as there is only 1 PCIe slot.

Paper Tape
Jodiuh

Re: M70e Dual display adapters - VGA and DVI (Quadro FX380)

We have the same machines here. 7 of them work just fine showing the BIOS on both displays, 380 and G41 showing in device manager. But we have one that simply refuses to work w/ both and only displays 1 monitor despite having the same BIOS and settings as the rest.

I did call support, but they don't have a clue what's going on, lol. Anyone figure this out yet?

Blue Screen Again
PGaetani

Hey Jodiuh, would it be too much to ask what the BIOS settings are on the ones that work so I can test that out here? I still haven't found a solution unfortunately.

Paper Tape
Jodiuh

[ Edited ]
All default, so peg/pci which makes absolutely no sense. Also, today device manager shoes only the Intel G41 in device manager despite the DVI port being occupied on the 380, lol. Tick show hidden devices and it reveals 2 G41 adapters. On the one that doesn't work only the Quadro shows up in dev mgr...just like yours.
Paper Tape
Jodiuh

Ok, I just popped open one of the functioning w/ dually machines and found this card in place of the quadro 380:

http://www.compuvest.com/Desc.jsp?iid=1666533

:smileyvery-happy:

Blue Screen Again
PGaetani

Ah, no wonder... we have a few of those here as well and those work without issues. So we're back to square 1 regarding the 380s lol.
Guru
losmeme

[ Edited ]

It is not possible to have dual displays where one display uses the Intel integrated and the other uses the Nvidia. Dual displays on Lenovo machines are only possible with the ADD2 card installed (Utilizing Intel integrated graphics) , OR if a dual display capable graphics card is used. These dual-display cards usually have the DB-59 connection on the back, and require a dongle to split the signals into two monitors. The later ADD-2 cards (the one you reference at Compuvest) is capable of a DVI signal only, VGA monitors won't work.

Check out this link HERE for more information. Lenovos available information for support of this function is woefully lacking.

Blue Screen Again
PGaetani

It's a crying shame that it's not supported (mainly because it can be done with ANY non-brand-name system).

But thanks for the info losmeme! Now I can at least put that idea to rest.