Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
bro_escoba
Accepted Solution

M90 (5384-A25) hangs on Boot (BIOS) Screen with Samsung 2TB HDD (HD204UI) plugged in

Hi,

after updating to the latest BIOS Version (5JKT55A) my Lenovo M90 desktop (5384-A25) hangs at the BIOS Screen when I have my Samsung 2TB (HD204UI) plugged in.

I tied a few other disks (1TB Samsung, 320GB WD, 80GB Seagate) => no problem, system boots normally.

New HD204UI => System hangs on BIOS Screen.

So I goggled for other users with the same problem => no success

I wet to the Lenovo homepage an downloaded the 10 previous version of the BIOS (5JKT45A to 5JKT55A) an flashed them once by once =>no success :-(

Due to the fact that there is a FW problem in the HD204UI I flshed the latest FW from samsunghdd.com => no success.

Has someone any idea to fix my problem?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: M90 (5384-A25) hangs on Boot (BIOS) Screen with Samsung 2TB HDD (HD204UI) plugged in

hey bro_escoba,

quite strange that only your 2TB Samsung causes this issue.

could you test a different 2TB on your unit and report back on the result.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
bro_escoba

Re: M90 (5384-A25) hangs on Boot (BIOS) Screen with Samsung 2TB HDD (HD204UI) plugged in

hey serge1410,

sorry, I "only"  have  4 x 2 TB Samsung HDDs, so I tested tem all, with the same ending. Unfortunately I have only Samsung HD204UI disks.

The disks are working fine in other machines.

Thanks for your reply

What's DOS?
bro_escoba

So I "fixed" the Problem. Unfortunately all my disks had no partition table (hole disk member of a Linux SW raid with lvm). Now I created a partition on one of my disks and with this disk the system boots up normally. So I backed my data up an made my raid over sda1 an not over sda (e.g.) an so I'm happy to be able to boot again.