Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
david_chapman

M90P SFF with 512MB NVidia GeForce 310 Card not seeing more than 2 GB RAM on XP or Win7

In order to have dual digital displays we opted to use the NVidia 310 card in addition to the built in card on our M90p SFF.  We are now only seeing about 2 GB or memory when the system has 4 GB.  We have set the BIOS settings to use the integrated card as the primary card and the discrete card as the secondary display card.  Has anyone else out there ever seen an additional discrete card do this?

We set the bios to Auto and the integrated card gets disabled and the discrete card takes over and then we have about 3 GB or ram for XP or Win7, however the video card only allows one port to be utilized at a time so the NVidia 310 isn't a dual headed video card, hence the reason we are using the integrated card along with the discrete card.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Blue Screen Again
palkerekfy

Re: M90P SFF with 512MB NVidia GeForce 310 Card not seeing more than 2 GB RAM on XP or Win7

It appears that I've just reported a similar issue. Mine shows 2.8 GB available memory and the video card uses 1.28 GB. This suggests that the missing memory has gone to the video card. Isn't your GeForce using 2 GB as a coincidence?

What's DOS?
lenovoMD

Re: M90P SFF with 512MB NVidia GeForce 310 Card not seeing more than 2 GB RAM on XP or Win7

hey

I just got the lenovo m90p and I havent a clue how to place the Nividia 380 fx card into the SFF.   I just dont see how it will fit any guidance or a picture of what it looks like loaded into the SFF?

thanks

john

Fanfold Paper
Xplosive

How are you able to set each video adapter independently? I too have an M90p (Tower) but I dont have the option to set the adapters discreetly. I can choose from IDG, PCI, PCI-E, or AUTO.

My tower has onboard video of both VGA and DisplayPort for dual monitors which works fantastic. I need a third monitor, so I bought a Nvidia GeForce 210 from Best Buy and installed into the PCI-Express slot. BIOS will only recognize either the PCI/PCI-E option or the IDG (integrated display graphics, aka onboard video). When set to AUTO, the BIOS goes to the GeForce card and only loads that video adapter. Windows 7 pro doesnt even recognize the onboard IntelHD video, rendering my dual monitors useless. When I switch BIOS back to IDG, I get my dual setup but Windows 7 doesnt recognize the GeForce card as being installed.

I cant seem to get them to work all together for a 3 monitor setup. I've seen the support post that shows another BIOS option called "Enable Multi-Monitor Support" but I dont have that option.

So I'm stuck wondering if I can use both Onboard GPU and PCI-E together or if I must forgo using onboard altogether and purchase a dual-head PCI-E card.

Any thoughts??

alex1906
Topics: 3
Kudos: 81
Solutions: 25

[ Edited ]

This computer has a MAX memory of 16Gb.  The operating system has 4Gb because that's all you have installed and thats all the OS can recognize, even though the rest of the memory is usable. 

The reason it shows as 2 Gb is due to the integrated graphics.  This uses the main memory of your computer, thus giving your computer the idea of only having 2Gb of memory.  

If you have more than 4gb of memory installed, the computer will only show you up to those 2Gb even though it has more.

http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/ldwbook.pdf  This is a link to the systems specific installed items.  It will show you the Max memory the system can have.

I hope this helps,

Alex

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve the problem you encountered? Click Solution Provided to let us know!

What we Do in Life will Echo through Eternity. -Maximus Aurelius