Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
DickDay

M90Z..Replacing the internal drive with a solid state hard drive?

[ Edited ]

I have an M90Z (non-touch) and love it.  Does anyone know if it would be possible to replace the Western Digital 320GB drive with a solid state drive?

The system is great, but I do work with some pretty large database files and access time is much more important than storage capacity.  I could get by with a much smaller drive than the 320.

Thanks.

Serial Port
JWBlue

Re: M90Z..Replacing the internal drive with a solid state hard drive?

[ Edited ]

I assume it is possible.  

According to the spec sheet, Lenovo offers the M90z with a SSD "For special bid only".

http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/pdf/desktops/ThinkCentre/M-Series%20all-in-ones/WW%20Thi...

I love mine too.  

What processor did you get? What do you use it for?

I hope you got the stand. It is so much better with it.

Here is some information I posted about the volume.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/A-and-M-Series-ThinkCentre/M90z-tip-Speaker-sound-volume/m-p/381735

If you add the SSD, come back to this thread and let us know what the performance is like.

DickDay

Re: M90Z..Replacing the internal drive with a solid state hard drive?

The processor is Intel G6950 2.80.

I do contract programming for county governments in Nebraska.  I really do like this PC and decided to try it without the stand. The way my desk sits, it actually works out better with the built-in stand. Most likely, if I ever change desks, I will get the optional stand for sure.

I am dumber than a rock on the hardware side of things and would most likely take it to my local hardware guy to do the upgrade.  I've seen some netbooks with the SSD drives and was blown away at the speed.  I cannot imagine what that would be like working with really large databases.

I am using 88GB of this 320 and I could move half of that to an external drive and use the SSD just for the OS and any current projects.  So, I don't need a large drive, and from what I've seen of the prices, good thing too :smileyhappy: