Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
JWBlue

M90z: Fan making a grinding noise (also M71z , M70z , A71z , A70z )

[ Edited ]

I put all the machines in the in the topic because they are all have similar platforms.

The fan on my M90z makes an intermittent grinding noise for 10-20 mintues  most often when my machine is booted or comes out of hibernation.  It sounds like it is not connected correctly.  It is actually pretty quiet when it does not make the noise.

I really don't want to take send it back for a warrantly repair.

Is there a risk of a complete failure in the future?  If there is a will send it back.  

When the warranty ends, I could open it up myself.

Does anyone else have this problem on their M90z , M71z, M70z, A71z, or A70z?

Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: M90z: Fan making a grinding noise (also M71z , M70z , A71z , A70z )

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and then check if the issue gets resolved.

If it continues then I suggest you to take service from Lenovo as system is in warranty period.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!