Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
DickDay

M90z Screen goes black randomly

[ Edited ]

This M90Z is Win 7 Pro, 4GB RAM, 320GB drive and it's a non-touch display.

Every so often (I have not kept a log, which I will start today) I will walk into the office to see the display black. The power light is green and just moving the mouse turns the display on.

I have every setting I can find set to never go into sleep mode, no hibernation and power management is set to never turn any device off.  No screen savers either. I have checked the advanced properties for the adapter and the display.

There are dozens of entries in the Task Scheduler but cannot tell if any of them are causing this to happen.

I have Windows updates set to never automatically install. My Power Plan is Timers Off (presentation).

If I had to guess, I would say this is happening once per month.  It hasn't hurt anything so far, I just would like to know what might be causing it.

Thanks

Paper Tape
cattec

Re: M90z Screen goes black randomly

Same problem here with an M90z, still looking for a resolution myself. For no apparent reason under the power plan settings the Turn off the display resets back to 1 minute randomly. 

Paper Tape
jim_n

Has anyone found a solution to this.  I have a user experiencing this same issue on a non-touchscreen M90z

Serial Port
DickDay

Not that I have seen.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,340

are you people using the latest bios version?

also @DickDay do you have the event log with the entries in it? If you do, can you copy and paste then post it here?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft