Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
BS1397
Accepted Solution

M91p & vPro

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this query but I have now wasted a week trying to find a simple answer to a query that neither Lenovo CS or Digital River have answered. Indeed I feel if this is a taste of what to expect from CS then I might as well stick with HP & Dell, at least they replied with full details within hours.

Anyway, I will not bore you with the details but I wanted to order a few ThinkCenter M91p with Intel vPro to loan as test labs for my key clients to test a vPro based application. Outlet.UK.Lenovo.com had these and I just couldn't get them or CS to confirm that they were fully vPro?

I say were because I just checked and saw that they are now sold out. So five days worth of frustration and also this post is academic.  Ouch!!!   :smileymad:

Still, perhaps someone can confirm if all ThinkCenter M91p models are by default Intel vPro ready providing the correct CPU is installed? and by ready I mean MEBx should be present.

Also if you spot any equally good vPro Laptops in Outlet.UK.Lenovo.com that I may have missed then by all means let me know as I have always owned and been fond of Thinkpads as they are so reliable.

About the only positive has been to join this Forum,  I should have done that five days ago?

Many thanks

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: M91p & vPro

in general, the "p" in desktop models (e.g. M91p) means vPro and AMT.  this also means that BIOS contains the MEBx right out of the box.

Other desktop models (not "p") may or may not have vPro and AMT, you would need to consult the system specs to know for sure.

For specs, you can consult the psref:  http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/tcbook.pdf

I'm sorry that CS couldn't point you to this answer.

Fanfold Paper
BS1397

Such a simple and concise answer, Someone knows his stuff.

I just don't understand why both Lenovo CS & Digital River couldn't answer this simple query?

I assume this applies to Laptops too so I will look at the new T to replace my old happy lappy.

Much appreciated .

Thanks.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

[ Edited ]

[deleted]

see post below, it is a better answer as to where to find system spec specs for WE market.

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

Don't want to tread on any toes here, but the psrefs for Western Europe can be found here.  Quite often European systems will vary in some way to the systems shown in the American psrefs.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog