Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Leinad

MDT2010 deploy and Thinkcentre network driver problem.

[ Edited ]

I can`t get a Lenovo ThinkCentre to run a sysprep or deploy a image. It can`t find the network card driver.

Someone here now where to download this driver ? It is a realtek driver and I already download from Lenovo site and Realtek but no go ?

pci\ven_10ec&dev_8168&subsys_307C17AA&Rev_06

Br Daniel

Fanfold Paper
Leinad

Re: MDT2010 and Thinkcentre network problem

[ Edited ]

Hello again.

Sorry I have probably not explanined this well enough. What I am working on is to run a sysprep/capure or deployment to the Lenovo ThinkCentre not runing MDT 2010 on it. This is the error i get.

Wizard Error

A connection to the deployment share

(\\server\DeploymentShare$)could not be made.

The following networking device did not nave a driver installed.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_307C17AA&REV_06

I have fund out that the deployment is working fine if it is Windows 7 32bit. Sysprep/Capture and deployment of Windows 7 64bit from MDT 2010 is no go.

The pc is a new Lenovo ThinkCentre M1578-D7G running Windows 7 64bit. I have also captured the driver from the machine but still no go. 

Al this problem was the same I had on the Lenovo Thinkpad T410, There I had to use some default Dell network card driver. 

btw. I having no problem to Sysprep/Capture or Deploy to my servers (IBM/Dell) og other laptops and desktops (HP/Dell/IBM)

Please help Lenovo.

Br Daniel

Paper Tape
bendimp

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I am also working on is to run a sysprep on Lenovo with MDT 2010 and I have exactly the same error.

I have try all realtek drivers  from Lenovo site and Realtek but nothing. I've also do the update to the MDT deployment share but nothing.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Do you have a solution to your problem, Br Daniel ?

Thank you

D.DURAND

Paper Tape
WinOutreach2

If you receive these systems configured from the factory with Windows 7 and the Realtek drivers, you can generally locate the .inf for these drivers in the c:/Windows/System32/DriverStore/rt64win7.inf_amd64… folder for 64 bit drivers. Once you have found this you will need to bring these drivers into MDT or if you are configuring your boot media manually you will need to insure that they are included in your Windows PE environment.

Brandon

Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro

The Springboard Series on TechNet

Lenovo Staff
Herik

[ Edited ]

Hi all,
WinOutreach2 is right.
All that you are missing if the correct driver for the correct image (boot image and also OS image).
In this case, based on the PNPID , this should be the driver you are looking for:
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_drivers/c4etn04us17.txt
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_drivers/c4etn04us17_win7.exe

Please note, that it is highly important to apply the correct driver.
Meaning:
x32 driver on x32 OS and boot image
x64 driver on x64 OS and boot image.

Of course, this driver is for Win7. Meaning, in case your boot image is WINPE 2.0 based, then you will have to apply Vista NIC driver into the boot image.

Cheers

What's DOS?
SITS

Hi

WinOutreach2 linking to a guide for MDT2008, 2010 and 2012 are not working the same way.

Herik

It's not quite right, the driver on Lenovo download site are working for the first step, when Win 7 (32bit) are deployed to machine, the PnP process starts and it can't find the driver because the correct type isn't written into inf file and deployment stops, it loose connection to deployment share because of the missing driver, but you can add it manually and reconnect to server, so what we need is either a inf file with correct information or setup MDT 2010/2012 with a driver path so it only install drivers we want and not using the PnP

/Per

What's DOS?
Mazeman

Hi guys,

i have a similar problem.  I am using MDT 2010 too but my problem is that after the Deployment service starts he loses the whole Network adapter.

The shown error is: "A connection to the deployment share could not be made. Connection OK. Possible cause: invalid credentials." 

But the credentials are right and ist says that the connection is OK but if i press F8 and look into the IPCONFIG i habe no IP adress also i have no network Adapter shown in IPCONFIG /ALL. 

I downloaded all related driver for the ThinkCenter M93 and insert it to my deployment. I build up many times the Boot image. Without any resolution.

It would be wonderful if somebody of you can help me with this problem because i have to rollout 50 client PCs and i dont wont to install them by hand.