Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
donclayton

Multiple Screen Configuration on M75e

I have a client that has a ThinkCentre M75e. They are using 2 screens from the built in video. They are mentioning that one of the screens dims on a regular basis and it makes it hard to view that one monitor.

Where would I find the setting that may control this or do I need to add a separate video card to resolve her concern?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Multiple Screen Configuration on M75e

hey donclayton,

before delving further, I would like to know what happens if the monitors were swapped?

Monitor A (problematic) goes to slot B where Monitor B (good one) used to be. Does Monitor A dim ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
Chet-NYC

Several colleagues, as well as myself, were just given ThinkCentre M75e systems for use in our classrooms along with our electronic whiteboards (SmartBoards).

I used the VGA connection to go from the computer to the SmartBoard with no problem.  I used a DisplayPort to DVI cable for the monitor and got nothing.

When I looked in the BIOS setup, I saw that Surround View was disabled and there seemed to be no way of enabling it.  The DVI port doesn't work even when hooked to the computer by itself.

I notice there are different primary video controller choices, yet there is no explanation as to what each one means. 

How do I get the computer to recognize both the monitor and the SmartBoard?  '

Thanks.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

surroundview is something used when you use a certain line of the ATI graphics card to enable 4 LCD display. If you don't have a PCI-e ATI graphics card installed then this option is not enabled.

Right click on the desktop choose your ATI display property, and in there see whether there is option to enable the GPU to run the desktop extended or clone mode.

Also press Windows key + P do you see a choice for clone and extend mode?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
Paul35080

I have a similar problem.

I have 3 lenovo thinkcentres and all three dim upon wakeup.  That is, after the screen saver kicks in and log in is required to get back on.  I have been battling this frustrating problem for several months.

Today I found the "Power Manager"  I slid the bar to "High Performance" and then under "Advanced Settings" I clicked "Global Power Settings" tab.

Under "Power Management options" I clicked "Apply the settings to all power plans"

Under "Dynamic Brightness Control" I unchecked all boxes.

So far this seems to have solved my problems.  I assume it would apply to dual monitors.  I have one with dual monitors and it seems to be working fine.

Hope that helps someone!