Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
rls22

Only beebs after adding PCIe graphics card to M52

I just bought a new graphics card ASUS EAH5450/DI/1GD3(LP) to my Lenovo M52 type 8113 and I  can't get it working under Windows XP. I updated BIOS and INF utilities but.....as I power on the PC it only gives me some beebs (4-2-3-3). No picture on monitor! What to do?

Guru
losmeme

Re: Only beebs after adding PCIe graphics card to M52

Unfortunately, Lenovo has restricted the graphics cards that will work. I have an 8113, and have run into the same trouble. Look up your machine, and find the section on accessories. Those cards listed are basically the ONLY ones that will work. Yeah, I know. It's a total bummer.

Blue Screen Again
rls22

Oh no! I had a feeling that restrictions of that type were left behind already many years ago.

Thank you for a fast answer. If I understood you right the list of suitable graphic cards can be found from here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4TP2BG. And in my case (M52) only the first part of the list "ThinkCentre Graphic Cards"?

Guru
losmeme

Not sure I would even trust that list, as it encompasses all Thinkcentres. Cards for later models wouldn't work in an M52.

This list is specific to the 8113: (Under VIDEO heading near the bottom fo the page)

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-60400#graphics

I have read (forget where) of other users and their experience in using certain cards, but it really is hit or miss. I, too, purchassed a card that didn't work, so I gave up immediately and purchased another computer brand to accomplish what I needed to do. IBM was so good at publishing specs for their computers, and didn't seem to restrict upgrades. I'm sorry Lenovo has gone that route. My M52 will be my last Thinkcentre.