Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
anders-jensen

PCI Express in Thinkcentre M55

I have a Thinkcentre M55 (8808-94G) with defect 3D functionality (2D works fine). I can't replace the motherboard (if this is my only option, it is better to buy a new computer), because the warranty period is over. Then I began looking for another graphics card, but the old PCI graphics cards is rare today, so it would be best if I can use the PCI Express functionality of the chipset (both IBM and Intel says, it is capable of it).

Does anyone have an idea about, how I can get PCI Express working, for instance by replacing the riser card? I would also appreciate any other idea about getting the graphics working again, because my computer reboots every time, I run a 3D app.

Yours sincerely,

Anders Jensen

Paper Tape
rito

Re: PCI Express in Thinkcentre M55

I ran into the same dilemma when I had an M55.  There are few video boards that use PCI anymore and even if you do find one or 2, they might not work with the os of your choice.  I decided, after reading about PCI-e that I was better off just getting another computer.  The chipset might support it but as I understand it, the architecture is completely different. Computers are relatively cheap these days so that is my suggestion.