Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
neumannu47
Accepted Solution

Secondary Hard Disk for M58e

While I really love Lenovo computers, the M58e that I just bought (two, in fact) does not have a provision for adding a secondary hard drive. The Hardware Maintenance Manual shows a cage on the bottom of the case, but mine don't have that. The manual, as far as I could tell, did not provide a part number to even order the cage.

It's hard to believe that Lenovo would make a tower that does not have the ability to easily add a second hard drive. What's the solution? Drill holes in the bottom of the case? Unbelievable. 

802.11n
pagroundhog

Re: Secondary Hard Disk for M58e

Hello,

There is supposed to be a plastic blue bracket that is needed to install your secondary hard drive. To me, it looks like it should have come with the unit; however, if not present, maybe you can order from Lenovo by simply referring to it as a blue bracket for the secondary hard drive. See here: Secondary hard disk drive removal and installation - ThinkCentre M58e

Good luck!

Serial Port
neumannu47

The bracket comes with some models but not others. That's really unfortunate. I drilled four holes in the bottom of the case and bottom mounted the drive, very close to where it would have been if the bracket were present.

802.11n
pagroundhog

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your own problem!

Serial Port
neumannu47

Every answer is probably out there somewhere. It just takes too long to find it, sometimes.