Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Nauman

ThinkCenter M50 8187-F4u Bios Corrupted

Hi

My Name is Nauman Khalid. I Have Think Center M50 8187-F4U.

My Motherboard Bios Is Corrupted By the interptutaion of Power.And the computer Mechanic Said that he have not  this MotherBoard Bios.

Please give me the link of this motherboard Binary Bios Files(iFlash).

Please Help me.

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 141
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 119

Re: ThinkCenter M50 8187-F4u Bios Corrupted

hello welcome to the forums

check out this link  assuming that you have windows xp download the bootable version of the flash bios and install the bios

ps:take care that powerinterruptions donnot take place during the bios update else ur system may become unusable!

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Paper Tape
Nauman

ThinkCenter M50 8187-F4U No Display Problem

Hi, I already have a post about the problem of my bios.My Bios is Corrupted and there is no display when i power on my Pc.My monitor is Right. and the Computer Mechanic says it is the problem of bios. I Need (.Bin) Bios File which will be the binary file,NOT THE UPDATE OF THIS BIOS. Because the main problem is that there is no display. Please Help Me Please?
Lenovo Employee
shumpert

Re: ThinkCenter M50 8187-F4U No Display Problem

[ Edited ]

Actually what vjay posted is exactly what you need.  You need to perform a boot block recovery using the diskette that was linked above.  It will restore your BIOS and reset it to the correct options.  You will need to re-enter your Machine type/model/Serial number using the BIOS diskette once the system is working again.

The HMM on page 114 will tell you how to do this.

Message Edited by shumpert on 08-04-2008 01:53 PM

Ed Shumpert
Thinkcentre/Desktops Launch Readiness Program Manager
US Service & Support
Paper Tape
chadb

Hello,

It would appear that I have a similar problem of no display.  I have a ThinkCentre M50 8189-31U running xp.  Before I assumed ownership, the machine used to have a video card in addition to on-board.  However, before reselling it was removed.  Now when I try to use the onboard, I have a blank screen.  The monitor has been fully tested.  The hard drive has been fully tested.

I tried to use the above stated processes to reset the bios in the hopes of being able to see any on-screen output but was unsuccessful.

Where do I go from here?

Paper Tape
Chibi

Hi chadb,

The first thought about your post was this could be the setup of the videocard it used to have - but can you go into BIOS?  Do you not see anything at all from the very beginning (right after you turn the machine on)? 

Chibi

Paper Tape
chadb

Yes,

I am also assuming that it is the result of the missing card. I have absolutely no video output, even after trying to use the before-mentioned boot disk technique.

Suggestions anyone?

Paper Tape
Nauman

Yes I Have No Display From Power on of the computer.

Please Please Help Me
Punch Card
rokytnji

For you guys or gals that are trying to use onboard VGA plug on motherboard. Go into your bios and find onboard sound and onboard video table. Enable both if they are disabled. This should get your moniter working if your onboard video chip is any good and working.

If that is to tough, go into bios and set bios to system defaults. You will still have to set up boot order after that by going into bios and put network booting at the bottom of boot list. Also enable Plug and play on its menu in the bios . 

Linux Registered User # 475019
Linux: Ubuntu 8.04,AntiX 8.2,Xandros 4
Paper Tape
chadb

The problem is I can't see anything, I have no video output.  Consequently I am not able to change the Bios.