Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Kingofponi

ThinkCentre A51 (type 8424 ) SFF PCIe slot?

[ Edited ]

I am a little confused by the PCie slot on my riser card. I understand that it will fit an ADD2-R DVI-D  card, but will it work with a low grade PCIe graphics card? It's the 915 Chipset, so I know that it won't get much better than the LGA775 519k processor already installed but I am finding the GMA integrated graphics a little restrictive.

The Lenovo site shows that the ATI cards that they list are supported by systems and advising " This package has been approved for use with the following systems: A51 ( 8424 ) is listed?

I know a regular PCIe x 16 card will not work ( I even found an old 8400gs in the drawer that I popped in and obviously like others before me, without success ). I even tried taping the lanes rendering it a 1 x card. I slotted in a PCI ( not express ) Geforce FX5200 128mb ( 64bit ) and a FX5500 256mb ( 128bit ) and they both work fine. I really want a PCIe in there though.The riser card has a PCI above the PCIe / ADD2-R slot

Has anyone successfully fitted a PCIe card into an A51? Has anyone fitted one of the ' supported ' ATI cards ?

Yes, I know the system is a dinosaur but I do quite like an older system to play around on every so often.

Any help is very much appreciated

The Lenovo site shows the following :

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-68782.html

ATI Radeon HD 2400XT 128MB TV-out PCIe-

ATI Radeon HD 2400XT 256MB TV-out PCIe -

ATI Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB DVI-I TV-Out PCIe

ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256MB VGA, DVI-I, TV-out, PCI-Express Dual Head Graphics Adapter

ATI Radeon X1300 256MB Dual-VGA or Dual-DVI, TV-out, PCI-Express Graphics Adapter

Punch Card
Kingofponi

Re: ThinkCentre A51 (type 8424 ) SFF PCIe slot?

Anyone?