Support in other languages: 
Ek
Paper Tape
Ek

ThinkCentre M57 working slowly.

I have Lenovo ThinkCentre M57 with Core 2 Duo E6550, 1 x 4 GB Memory and 160GB SATA2 HDD. I use this system for develop software using Visual Studio 2008 but it run too slow (not fast as i expect). I want to know what is the bottle neck of my system?

My friends tell me to change HDD from 160 GB SATA2 to 150GB 10000RPM SATA2. Is my friends correct?

Thanks.

Ek
Paper Tape
Ek

Re: ThinkCentre M57 working slowly.

How can I fixed this problem?
Ek
Paper Tape
Ek

Have lenovo staff here?
JaneL

Ek wrote:
Have lenovo staff here?

Welcome to the forum!

There are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, but this is not an official support channel. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

What's DOS?
rei007

How many memory slots does a ThinkCentre M57 (9174-A34) and what is the maximum amount of what RAM which can be added to it?

Guru
BiggAl

[ Edited ]

What OS are you running? Can you run "Windows Task Manager", and when the system slows down, make a note of the CPU usage percentage, and how much memory is used and available.  Then post it here. 

One thing that can help: go to Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings/Performance/Visual effects and select "Adjust for best performance".   The GUI will be less pretty, but faster. 

Punch Card
fonon

Ek wrote:

I want to know what is the bottle neck of my system?

Try to check the system performance using the testing software like a SiSoft Sandra. You can check particular subsystems (e.g. HD or memory) and compare the results with the other computer system using the same components.

Regards,

f.