Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
MaxBullis

Use PCI-e video card and onboard video at same time

This is going to be really annoying if i cant use both at the same time. I am trying to get 3 monitors running and want to use the onboard display port or vga port alongside my PCI-E video card and it seems in the bios that only one can work at a time. I am assuming this means i have to use a PCI card with my PCI-e one to get more than the 2 i have at a time.

Has anyone gotten onboard working alongside a PCI or PCI-E card? Seems like a silly thing to not enable in the Board as businesses have a need for more than 2 sometimes.

Any assistance would be great.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: Use PCI-e video card and onboard video at same time

Firstly, which desktop model do you have? this is only possible with selected versions of the Thinkcentre equipped with AMD processors using SurroundView.

Intel equipped motherboard does not allow this.

If you want a third display on the non-supported model try something like the USB2DVI or USB2VGA converter. Or Matrox DualHead2Go. Or Nvidia graphics card that have 4 displayport out (supports 4 LCD), but these a full height card and would not fit in a small form factor machine.

The first option is the cheapest.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
What's DOS?
ovcrob

I am trying to use the onboard and Nvidia card HDMI for dual monitors...it is the K450 Idea Centre. Any thoughts?

Guru
BiggAl

[ Edited ]

lead_org wrote:
this is only possible with selected versions of the Thinkcentre equipped with AMD processors using SurroundView.

Intel equipped motherboard does not allow this.

Actually, a number of later Intel based systems allow for concurrent internal and PCI card-based graphics:

• ThinkCentre M71e, M81, M82, M83/p (Small Form Factor) SFF/Tower, M91, M91p SFF/Tower, M92/p,M93/p SFF/Tower
  • ThinkCentre Edge 71, Edge 72, Edge 91, Edge 92
  • ThinkStation E30/E31/E32

http://support.lenovo.com/en_NL/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT062228

I myself use a M91p with 3 monitors on a AMD HD 6670 plus a 4th on the DP motherboard (Intel HD2000) port.