Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
i2oconsult
Accepted Solution

Wifi

Hi

I have an Edge71z it says in the documentation that it has wifi yet I cannot find it. Any ideas?

alex1906
Topics: 3
Kudos: 81
Solutions: 25

Re: Wifi

Hello i2oconsult,

Can you post your machine type and model number from the side of your machine? This will help us in finding out which exact computer you have.  Also, Which documentation are you speaking about?

Hope this helps,

Alex

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve the problem you encountered? Click Solution Provided to let us know!

What we Do in Life will Echo through Eternity. -Maximus Aurelius
RedEd12
Topics: 5
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 13

Hi there i2oconsult,

The WiFi Adapter in the Edge 71z is only on certain models.

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.
What's DOS?
i2oconsult

Its a 5068 B1G and it shows the wifi LAN enabled in the BIOS. However it does not show up in the Device Manager.

The documentation is the pamphlet.

Even the local distrubutors say its supposed to have but not getting much from them.

RedEd12
Topics: 5
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 13

[ Edited ]

Your computer has a fitting for a wireless networking adaptor but unfortunately, it does not come in your selected model. The only internet or networking available from your computer is through a wired connection. If you are interested you can have one installed on your computer. But, at the moment you only have the port open for a Wi-Fi card. This is the reason it shows up in your BIOS. If you are interested in having one installed you can call your local Lenovo service provider and ask about having one installed.

This is where you can find that information: Overview - ThinkCenter Edge 71z (type 7558, 7567, 5068) Under networking, it only shows the Intel Ethernet Adapter.

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.
What's DOS?
i2oconsult

Thanks all. I eventually opened it up as well just to double check and indeed it has the socket but alas no card. The distributor will have to resolve. Thanks fo rthe help.

Regards