Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lenovo Employee
skershner

a61 wont boot after thinkvantage system update

Ran thinkvantage system update and after completion, system went to reboot but will not boot.  DVD light flashes several times but nothing happens after that.  Any ideas?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: a61 wont boot after thinkvantage system update

skershner,

When you ran TVSU, what updates were selected?  I would suspect that you might have received a BIOS update and that perhaps it glitched and hung the system?

You are saying you get no display at all on restart, even after completely powering off the system?

If that is the case, I'm guessing it was a BIOS flash that didn't work out.  Check the hardware maintenance manual for this system and see if there is a jumper on the board you can use to clear CMOS and recovery.  See this article on the support site.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Lenovo Employee
skershner

Re: a61 wont boot after thinkvantage system update

Thanks for the info. I can sure try this as it sounds like what happened....but I do not have a floppy A drive on this machine or a POST/BIOS flash update disk as referenced and required in the instructions. What do I do?