Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
mdirollo

? re: Upgrade of CPU - NetVista A30p 8311-61U Desktop

I'm not even sure if I'm posting this in the right forum as I can't tell which "Think" product category the NetVista desktops fall under (if they even fall under the "think" product umbrella at all). But here goes anyway...

I have a NetVista A30p Desktop (machine type 8311-61U) with a 1.8Ghz Pentium 4 (socket 478) processor that I want to upgrade. These processors are pretty cheap on ebay so I figure that it's a cost-effective upgrade, however, I am not sure what the maximum processor speed the motherboard can handle on this machine. From what I've been able to find out via product online product documentation from Lenovo, it should be either 2.4 or 3.06 Ghz. I'm fairly certain my mobo can handle the 2.4, but I'd prefer to install the 3.06 if it's compatible.

I tried contacting Lenovo's tech support team but they told me that they no longer had access to the technical specification for this 8 year-old machine (geesh...8 years old and this machine is already so obsolete that tech specs aren't even available from the manufacturer....scary).

Any information, guiance and/or assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: ? re: Upgrade of CPU - NetVista A30p 8311-61U Desktop

Hello mdirollo

Kindly refer to the mentioned below web link and check if you get any help from it.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD011421

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD012893

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
mdirollo

Re: ? re: Upgrade of CPU - NetVista A30p 8311-61U Desktop

Tanuj,

Thanks for the 2 links you provided. Unfortunately, I have already seen both of these pages which, for me, aren't really definitive enough. I guess I will buy both the 2.4 and the 3.06 and install them each (3.06 will go in first) to see which of these, if either, is compatible with my mobo.

Any additional information and/or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark DiRollo