Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
ritakell

sleep setting

Is there a way to change the monitor display--which is a test pattern now--while my computer is in sleep mode?  If so, how?  thanks.
Fanfold Paper
bhurley

Re: sleep setting

I think this is a simple matter of choosing your monitor's screen saver.

In XP or Vista, right-click on your desktop to get to the settings for your display. Or you can do it from the Control Panel.

In XP, choose "Properties" and then click the Screen Saver tab. Choose your screen saver (I use "blank," which gives me a black screen; I find anything else distracting). Adjust the settings so the screen saver kicks in when you want it to (you should set the screen saver to launch before your computer itself goes to sleep). I don't have Vista anymore so can't give you the details, but it works pretty much the same way.
What's DOS?
ritakell

Thanks for your reply.  I do use a screen saver that works until I put the computer to sleep; then the screen saver is gone and there is only the test pattern of the monitor.  That is what i am trying to change.
Lenovo Employee
shumpert

That feature is something that is contained within the firmware of the panel itself and not something that is easily changed. 
I am sure that there may be some way to do so (if you are a firmware programmer that is familiar with such things) but it is something that could void your warranty if you have any issues with the display.

Ed Shumpert
Thinkcentre/Desktops Launch Readiness Program Manager
US Service & Support
What's DOS?
ritakell

Thanks.  I guess that there is nothing for me to do about this then.