Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
JLFEAGIN

Power Up Problem

I have a 8172 RUC purchased three years ago as a referb from IBM Credit Corp.  The machine was left on overnight and this morning was 'asleep'.  I could not wake it up, so I powered off the machine.  Now when I powerup the cooling fans in the front section  of the machine run, and run and nothing else happens.  There in no indication that the hard drive is very active.  Any ideas. This has never happened before.

What's DOS?
a11ornuthin

Re: Power Up Problem

I'm also having a power up issue, although I think mine happened a little differently.
i have a 8215 29u i believe, m52. One night before going to work, i was trying to install a linux partition, i had it on a flash drive and had changed the bios to boot from usb first, but i don't know what the boot order was after that, but when i first booted it up, it loaded the installer just fine, but froze and wouldn't do anything, so i restarted it, and it just ran the fans, and has been since then. boot it up, and it will just run the fans, i've tried clearing CMOs removing the battery, changing the pin for cmos. tried the cd drive, it opens, but i don't think it's reading anything because i burned the bios .iso onto it and it didn't do anything.