Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Craig85

S50 8088 cable question

Hi All, I have an S50 8088 computer, and i dont know, what is the fru number of the Enhanced cable of the optical drive. It has 50 pin, and similar like the IDE. Please, help me! Thanks for all! Craig

Re: S50 8088 cable question

Not sure about which cable you are talking, but check this parts list as well as this info-page.
Download the Hardware Maintenance Manual as well (under User's guides and Manuals on the left side).
Paper Tape
Craig85

Hi, I downloaded the user manual, but i don't know which the correct cable is. I have a panel (Ultra Bay Enhanced Cable/Card assembly, 89P6787), the first side goes to the optical drive, in the second side is the input of this cable. It's a blue panel. So i don't know, which is this cable (of course this fru number). Can you help me? Thanks for all!

Sorry, I don't understand your question and I don't know you machine either. The one picture I found tells me nothing!
You have the number for the cable/card assembly, is it the cable of this assembly that you need replaced?
What is this panel, where is it, can you give me a link with a picture? Is that a PCI card?
Is this optical drive internal or external?
First side of WHAT, the cable or the panel?
Where is this blue panel?
You need to be more specific with all these hundreds of different machines.
Paper Tape
Craig85

The optical drive is internal. The "blue panel" is the card assembly. This is behind of the optical drive (of course inside). I would like to connect this card with the mainboard. The document, what i downloaded, is the next: "19r2387". In this document, there is a picture on the 92 sides where I found the socket of this cable. This is the number 2, the "Optical Drive Connector", and i want to know the fru number of the "optical drive connector cable". Thanks!

I think I got it now. This looks like an enhanced IDE cable in the 80-wire version (not 50), which is a 40-pin IDE-cable with every pin grounded. This is normally available from any computer shop, and need not be a Lenovo-specific part number. They come in many different (cm) lengths. About 30/35 cm should be more than enough for that small machine.
If you open the case, that cable should look similar/identical to the cable that goes from motherboard to hard-disk.
Hope this is it.
Paper Tape
Craig85

Hi, It seems to be good. Thank you for the help! A lot! Craig