Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
robnotts

S50 - 8183 very low poor sound after XPpro SP3 new installation-help required please.

Hi there. I have just re-installed Windows XPpro SP3 to my IBM S50 - 8183 pc. P4 - 500GB HDD-2GB Memory. I have downloaded the soundmax drivers from Lenovo as advised and the sound is very low to my Flat screen speakers and the sound is also coming from the onboard speaker(very feint). The system states device working properly. When I install or go to reinstall the driver the main soundmax screen appears and the install finishes) After re-boot there are no soundmax icons anywhere?. The system says the device is working properly but the sound is very feint all set to max volume. The audio file downloaded was  q2aud02us13  ( My PC connections are for stereo with a 2 Jacks  to 1 trailing socket  LH +RH speaker connections to the trailing socket for my monitor stereo plug). I cannot see any options in Setup?.Any help very much appreciated thank you, Rob.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: S50 - 8183 very low poor sound after XPpro SP3 new installation-help required please.

hey robnotts,

could you uninstall the current sound drivers and let windows install its generic drivers.

once that is done, is the sound quality still soft?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fanfold Paper
robnotts

Re: S50 - 8183 very low poor sound after XPpro SP3 new installation-help required please.

Hi there, Many thanks for helping. I have removed the drivers and let windows re-install the soundmax. The sound is a little louder and I have checked all volume levels and are all set to max. The sound is still quite soft and I feel should be much louder through the Acer P206HL monitor inbuilt speakers, Any further suggetsions much appreciated, Regs Rob

Fanfold Paper
robnotts

Hello, Please can anyone help at all?? I still cannot hear my sound properly throuh my monitor speaker? as it is too feint?? Is there a special driver required? or  a BIOS setting problem? Any help really appreciated thanks, Rob

Fanfold Paper
robnotts

Hi there, Many thanks for helping. I have removed the drivers and let windows re-install the soundmax. The sound is a little louder and I have checked all volume levels and are all set to max. The sound is still quite soft and I feel should be much louder through the Acer P206HL monitor inbuilt speakers, Any further suggetsions much appreciated, Regs Rob
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,308
Solutions: 283

[ Edited ]

Rob, 

Not sure what else to suggest...

Maybe check with some headphones to see how the level is?   

If the internal speaker is playing as well as the externals, it almost seems that the system hasn't fully made the external connection as I would have expected the internal to cut off - usually the case on laptops when you plug in headphones.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español