Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
xeternalpeacex
Accepted Solution

ThinkCentre S50 8183-36U Dual-Core Compatibility?

I've just purchased a ThinkCentre S50 8183-36U Desktop that came with a Pentium 4 processor. Does anyone know if this machine is compatible with any socket 478 Celeron D or Pentium D CPUs?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

Re: ThinkCentre S50 8183-36U Dual-Core Compatibility?

There is no compatibility list by Lenovo that suggests whether it is compatible with Pentium D cpu, but given that you have the prescott version of the Pentium 4 CPU. Then it maybe possible to use the Pentium D cpus, but there is no absolute guarantee on that.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-51351

P.S. Celeron D has only one core, it is not a dual core cpu like Pentium 4 D, don't get fooled by the 'D' insignia.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
xeternalpeacex

lead_org wrote:
There is no compatibility list by Lenovo that suggests whether it is compatible with Pentium D cpu, but given that you have the prescott version of the Pentium 4 CPU. Then it maybe possible to use the Pentium D cpus, but there is no absolute guarantee on that.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-51351

P.S. Celeron D has only one core, it is not a dual core cpu like Pentium 4 D, don't get fooled by the 'D' insignia.

Thank you very much. I guess I'll just buy a Pentium D and test it out. 

Also, thanks for letting me know that. I guess I just assumed it was a dual-core as well. I've never actually owned one.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

no problem glad to help. Please post back with the result if you have the chance to test the Pentium D cpu.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
xeternalpeacex

certainly!