Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
NintendoJack

Windows 7 SoundMax Drivers

Hello! I recently upgraded my hard drive and wanted to install Windows 7 as a fresh install. Everything went clean, except for the sound drivers. I'm running an IBM, which is basically lenovo since thats where I go my drivers for XP last time They have the drivers I need for XP here. I know for a fact the drivers I need are SoundMAX. Can somebody please help me?

Computer Info:
IBM ThinkCentre S50 (8183-D7U)
2 GB Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
2.99 GHz
Dual-Core Processor

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Windows 7 SoundMax Drivers

hey NintendoJack,

wow, that's a really vintage unit and could be older than me by many solar cycles.

right now, only thing i can suggest is to try using the same XP drivers from that link which you have provided.

try installing it via Device Manager.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 142
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 119

Re: Windows 7 SoundMax Drivers

If the XP drivers do now work as expected,go thorugh this link.Perhaps it would help 

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/A-and-M-Series-ThinkCentre/SOUNDMAX-DRIVERS-Post-Win7-upgrade-M52-8215-D...

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo