How do I start a new post?

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎02-26-2012 by
Modified ‎01-13-2014 by
(7,895 Views)

How do I start a new post?

Question

I just signed up for the forum and have spent a lot of time reading posts, and am perplexed by not seeing any way I can ask a question.  I have seen no way for me to ask a question except to add a comment to an existing thread. Am I missing something or am I just supposed to read & not ask?

Answer

Forum users may join an existing discussion from within a discussion thread by clicking the reply button, or they may create a new discussion thread by clicking the new message button shown in the example below.

Please note that there are several pre-requisites:

1) You must be logged in (signed in) to the forum 

2) Your account must be validated. After registration, an email is sent to the email address you provided during registration and there is a validation link to click.  Until validated, your new account will not have permission to post or send private messages, so if you are logged in as a new member and don't see the button shown below, likely your account has not been validated.

3) You must be at a board level rather than category or community level in the navigation. See illustration below:

category-board-level.jpg

Image below shows the button for creating a brand new message to start off your topic in W series board.

start new msg.jpg

For more info, kindly refer to this Forum Help on how to start posting:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting

Comments
by drpii on ‎12-04-2012 11:40 AM

I do not find the "NEW MESSAGE" hot spot in ANY Levono forum!!

by HatemRahmo on ‎12-10-2012 11:19 AM

got it thanks!! i am loving my lenovo

by erikthekillian on ‎02-16-2013 02:21 PM

I don't have the "New Message" tab either! Please Help!

by Administrator on ‎05-21-2013 03:10 PM

In order for the new message button to be visible, you must:

1) Be logged in

2) Have validated your forum registration - there is a message sent to your email to validate after you register.  If you do not do this, you do not have the required permissions to post or to send private messages.

3) You must be at a board level, not category or community level in the navigation.

by daggarwal on ‎11-01-2013 09:56 AM

Dear forum users,

I have just joined the forum. Just didn't understand how to post something somewhere. I am not sure if I am using the right place. I just bought aan all in one series 5 from PC world yesterday (UK). This one refuses to connect to internet. Please help.....

by Kathym on ‎11-03-2013 02:16 PM

Hi 

I am new and can't find where to post so hope this is it 

PIE have a touch screen all in one that I upgraded to windows 8 but need to buynumber to make it permanent but my problem is I can't get my touch screen to work it did do so it'srecent I think it's the 3 series I have 

Thanks kath 

Its 64 bit

by phshannon on ‎01-09-2014 05:02 AM

How do you navigate to board level?

by Administrator ‎01-13-2014 12:31 AM - edited ‎01-13-2014 12:32 AM

RupertS and phshannon,

I've added an image in the article which shows the category and board level for better illustration of the statement. Hope this helps.

Cleo

by rod55555 on ‎01-31-2014 10:28 AM - last edited on ‎03-15-2014 04:42 PM by Retired SuperMod

ThinkPad T 42 7378 C88

Sir:

I have downloaded file “1KWC42WW.EXE” The problem I have is clearing the “USE WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE MY WIRELESS NETWORK” . It will not clear the check mark? I use WIN XP SP 1, a THINKOAD T 42 , 2378, C88, NETGEAR ROUTER GWR614V10. is there a fix for this. I would approach your help?

WINDOWS PUTS for IP ADDRESS 169.254.78.38. I don’t know ware windows get this address from? PHYSICAL MAC 00.0E.9B.48.8F.13 this is correct my NETGEAR ROUTER wgr614V10 can see this but not the IP ADDRESS and not the name of my laptop, 255.255.0.0

Thanks rod

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

by Gaviota on ‎04-06-2014 08:13 PM

Hello,

I bought a lenovo laptop 440p, with windows 7. I find the monitor smaller than I thought and want to add a monitor, and also likely a keyboard. Can anyone tell me If I can do this, and suggest a monitor and keyboard? If you have or had this set up, did you encounter any difficulties? Many thanks for any information.

by charles431 on ‎05-10-2014 04:23 PM

I have validated my forum registration by replying to the registration message sent to my email.  I'm signed in, but I can't navigate to the board level. I choose board from the drop down list and  enter a search for How do I start a new post?; but the box reverts to community..

by GrandmaSue on ‎06-02-2014 01:13 PM

I would like to post a message on my G780 laptop, but cannot find the proper location.  My problem is this:  my unit displays a black screen until I plug in the charger.   But it is fully charged.   What can I do to correct this?  This is a new problem, and it is now out of warranty.

by zubenel444 on ‎07-31-2014 03:04 AM
Anyone else having this problem? Started about 6 months ago, and is happening with increasing frequency. As I'm moving it, my mouse blinks off with a chirping sound, making it impossible to click on anything. I have to keep moving it back and forth until it blinks back on (again, with a chirping sound). Eventually, the mouse just freezes (as if it's not even plugged in). When this happens, the keyboard also freezes, and no keystrokes register on the screen. The only way out of this is for me to hard power my desktop PC off and on, after which the rigamarole begins again. Happens whether I'm on the internet or not. (It's particularly frustrating when it happens when I playing a game.) It's like the processor loses contact with these USB ports, until the hard reboot. Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
by Scribette on ‎08-23-2014 08:15 AM

I have signed in but cannot post a question. It could be that when I first signed in a long time ago I missed the validation email and just didn't return to the forum due to other distractions in my life.  How can I get my registration validated at this point? Thank you.

by umi963 on ‎09-30-2014 05:39 AM

what does it say when a new user has a hard time finding out how to post?

Contributors