Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Accepted Solutions

All,

If you have started a thread, or visited one that you previously originated, you will see a new feature in the forum starting today.  A green "solution" check mark will be visible to the OP, floating on the right of each response post.   The original poster may select one post as the "accepted solution" to their original issue.

This answer post will be color coded green and marked as the "accepted solution".  The thread title will automatically be updated to reflect that it has been solved.   A green button to jump to the solution will appear in the right side of the white space in the first post of the thread and clicking it will take the reader to the answer the OP selected as the solution.

If a better, more complete answering post is subsequently provided, the original poster, or members of the moderation team can update the selection to reflect the best solution.

I hope this will improve the Lenovo forum experience.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
community supermod
erik

Re: Accepted Solutions

i just tested this out and think it's a great idea.   the green checkbox images could be a little less obtrusive though. :smileywink:

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

community supermod
erik

btw, some threads don't need a solution (like my L220x review) so it would be nice to disable the solution checkbox in a case like this.

JaneL

I don't think there's an option for that.  I think the feature is either on or off.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

community supermod
erik

the feature wouldn't need to be turned off.   it just needs a "my post doesn't require a solution" button programmed into the system.

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 636

or add it to the options menu?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
wilwy

just wondering if that green check mark can be removed once it gets on...

i have a post where there is currently no solution yet, but i found the green check mark on the post when i signed on today....i never clicked an "accepted solution" button, so im guessing a community member selected a post as the solution when it isnt a solution. any way to remove the check mark?

thx

Community SuperMod
sarbin

Please post the link to the thread and we can take a look at it for you.

Regards.

fsm1.jpgEnglish English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Русскоязычное Сообщество
Community Resources: Participation RulesImages in postsSearch (Advanced)Private Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Yoga2ProT420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee.
Bit Torrent
ishaan

According to the help page, you can unmark a post as solution by the following
Click options which is at the left corner(top) of the accepted solution post. From the drop down choose, not the solution and thats it!
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 636

The options selection is on the right side, at the top. 

This situation has however been corrected, a moderator reported having accidentally marked the post as solved and was unable to revoke the solution marker. Unfortunately becaue all aren't 24 hours online it took a little time, maybe longer than it should hae, sorry for that.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog