Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Dokukaeru
Accepted Solution

Board in all German

[ Edited ]

Also, for some reason, this board is all in German, despite my attempts to change the language to English in the top right of the screen

Moderator Note: Matched subject to content.

JaneL

Betreff: Extended in home care on a laptop not activated when laptop intially purchased

Yes, our German board came online this week, and we're having a few problems.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 408
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 275

Board all in German

All,

If you are not logged in, the system is supposed to allow you to select your language from the pull down in the top right of the community and this will set you language and direct you to that section of the community.  I have found this works fairly well, but occassionaly "sticks" when shifting between langages, especially if you click "community" navigating back to the top rather than selecting English again (if you had gone to either the Spanish or German sections)

There seems to be some variances depending on which browser and even what version (IE 6, 7, 8 or 9 beta) , (Firefox 3.6 vs 2.2) etc are being used.

If you have logged in, you can select your language of choice in your profile page.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
anonono

Betreff: Some parts in English and some in German

[ Edited ]

Btw, all the buttons and titles on this website are in german. Some parts are in english though. I tried using the drop menu on the top-right to switch back and forth, but only some parts switch back to english.

Moderator Note: Matched subject to content.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 408
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 275

anonono,

Ok - you have your specified language set to "german" in your personal profile.  That will tell the system to localize all the buttons and navigation elements to German when you log in, and this will be persistent across the whole site for you.

However, content will remain in the language that is relevant to the community you are viewing.  I.e. - this is the English community, so all of the content (the messages) will be in English.  If you go to the Spanish section, while logged in, the content will be in Spanish, but all the buttons will be in German, and of course if you go to the German section, it will all be German for you.

It can be a bit confusing, and is not ideal, but our thought was that some users might be bi-lingual and would participate in the section where they are most comfortable and would declare that as their native language in their profile so the navs would all be most familiar for them. 

While most content is in English today, as the Spanish and German communities grow, this may be less of an issue as users settle into the community in the language of their choice and conduct the majority of their interactions there...

Hope that makes sense..!

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

Paper Tape
Dokukaeru

i still cannot find where to change it from german to english in my profile

Maliha

I've fixed it for you.

For future reference, My Settings -> Preferences -> Language.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Paper Tape
Ladybug

I'm having the same problem.  I just joined the community to ask a question about my new Lenovo laptop.  Nowhere did I check off that I wanted the forum in German but that's all I see.  It clearly says "English" in the top right corner of my screen as my preferred language but the website is in German and I can't navigate around at all because I don't know what any of it means.  Weird.  If any has any suggestions?  I don't even see words like "Preferences" in English so I can't mess around with my profile it seems and make any changes.  I am now going to press "Absenden" and hope that means "Send".

andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 610

Ladybug, welcome to the forum,

should all be in English now :smileyhappy:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
imanol

Hi, I'm having the same problem... could some one please tell me how to change to English?

I guess I have to click... Absenden?!  :-)