Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
RealBlackStuff

Could links in a post be auto-converted to REAL links automatically?

[ Edited ]
When you put a link to somewhere in your post, could they be automatically converted into a HTML link?
That way you don't have to copy/paste it into a new browser tab/window, but rather click on it to see it.
http://www.lenovo.com will just remain as it is currently...

In this same context, people should be made aware of www.tinyurl.com where you can change a long link in, well, a tiny link
which would prevent the message expanding.

Found a bug: if you make a text bold (in my case I only wanted 'tiny link' bold) before you type the rest of your message, the [/b] does not apply at the correct position!
All other following text you type is also bold!

Moderator edit: The correct tag is <b> and </b> not the "square" brackets as used by phpBB

Message Edited by rkawakami on 11-25-2007 04:07 PM
Retired Moderator
carbon_unit

Re: Could links in a post be auto-converted to REAL links automatically?

When you are in the message composition window you can highlight the text you want to be a link, click the icon under "font size" that looks like a globe with a chain link and it will open a window where you can put in the web address for the link like this.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
RealBlackStuff

That globe-icon does not show in  my  message window. Do I need to set (yet another) anything in 'My Profile' to get it?

I have only: Font Name/Size/Color, then B I U S Quote Smiley - Left/Mid/Right align indent L/R and Number/Bullet
JaneL

What browser are you using?

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Blue Screen Again
RealBlackStuff

[ Edited ]
Firefox 2.0.0.9

When I use IE7, I also get Cut/Copy/Paste on the left of the B I U S, and a Tickmark for Spellchecking on the far right.
But still no Globe for links.

Also tried it with Firefox 3.01beta, but that shows the same as FF 2.0.0.9

Message Edited by RealBlackStuff on 11-25-2007 10:20 AM
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

Try now with I.E.

I tweaked your permissions. See if this resolves your trouble. I may need to edit the defaults a bit for the role applied to all new members.  As an admin or mod, you often can't see all the subtle changes and we are very much debugging this in terms of the experience for people just coming in the door.

I know it is a bit of a pain to come into a new forum, compared to joining one with all the kinks worked out.   Your comments are really a big help here.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Blue Screen Again
RealBlackStuff

Thanks Mark,
both IE and Firefox now show the link-Globe, as well as an Add-Image icon.

Guess the bold bug has yet to be looked into...
If I select the extra, unwanted bold text afterwards, I can undo the Bold, or I should not make text bold before I have typed more...
Retired Moderator
carbon_unit

I have noticed the same thing. I just thought I was doing something wrong.  Lately I have been typing the whole message and going back to add emphasis after I am done.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

Ok,

We should investigate the bold issue. I'm am using I.E. 6.029 and haven't had the problem so far.

I'll try with other browsers.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

Community Moderator
rkawakami

This is a test to see how the bolding icon works. You can type and then click the B icon which will switch bolding on until it is clicked again. Or, you can type in your whole message and then selectively go back and highlight the text you want bolded and click the B icon. This is using Firefox and the graphical editor. Since my default is to use the HTML editor, I have to manually place the <b> and </b> tags myself. The same thing occurs with the other typestyle choices such as underlining, italics and strikethrough. If you are conversant with HTML, that's the <u>, <i> and <strike> tags.

In the graphical editor, a link can be created (but not automatically) by typing in the link text (what you want to appear as the underlined text), highlighting that text with a mouse click-and-drag, then click the hyperlink icon (blue planet with a chain link) and supplying the URL. It's not as simple as phpBB where you could type in http://www.lenovo.com and have it automatically turned into a link when posted. If you are using the HTML editor, then you need to use the standard <a href> tag.
----------
Ray Kawakami
X22;X24;X31;X41;X41T;X60;X60s;X61s;X300;X301;Z60m;Z61t;Z61p;560Z;600E;600X;T21;T22;T23;T41;R50;A21p;A22p;A31 and A31p
Not a Lenovo employee; just a volunteer helping out here
All personal links to PC-Doctor software removed 8/2012 by mfg request