Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WWAN
Puppy

Re: Forum Layout

andyP wrote:
Esteban_Lenovo

For starters, the forum seems to be programmed on a fixed dpi width, probably about 1000? I've logged in to start a display / resolution discussion, (well known at FTC), but is it / would it be possible to set the forum width to 100% instead of fixed?

Andy
I second that. It does not look good on higher resolution displays.
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

Another thought, would it be possible to have the links from the top of the site, also at the bottom?

I find it a bit "nervy" having to scroll back up to the top again, or am I just a lazy bu- :smileywink:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

JaneL

[ Edited ]
Puppy wrote:

And now, while reading messages inside threads, it looks terrible on XGA.  I'm having to scroll back and forth horizontally to read the messages.  Did something change?  I think I would have noticed this before.  I looked at staging, and it definitely wasn't like this there.  There's no green shaded border on either side now.

Message Edited by nonny on 12-01-2007 08:08 PM

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Retired Employee
Esteban_Lenovo

nonny wrote:
Puppy wrote:

And now, while reading messages inside threads, it looks terrible on XGA.  I'm having to scroll back and forth horizontally to read the messages.  Did something change?  I think I would have noticed this before.  I looked at staging, and it definitely wasn't like this there.  There's no green shaded border on either side now.

Message Edited by nonny on 12-01-2007 08:08 PM

Nonny,

I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior on IE6 or Firefox... but will look into it.

Regarding variable width: I'm looking more and more into that; I've seen a couple of things that don't render as they should. I don't know when we can implement changes / adjustments.

Thanks,

Esteban
JaneL

Esteban,

I figured out what my problem was.  I had changed a preferences setting in my profile to display more messages per page.  The setting I changed was "Messages Per Thread Page in Linear Format".  Once I changed that from 20 to 13, it began displaying properly again.  If I change it from 13 to 14, I have to scroll to see the entire message.  On a 17" monitor, it just eliminates the border but displays the messages without a scroll bar.  How Annoying!

Thanks for the help!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

andyP

I noticed that this thread fills the full width my my luverly sxga+ display :smileyhappy: but it's so far the only one that does :smileysad:.
Is it a quirk or is someone experimenting with possible changes?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Community Moderator
rkawakami

Andy, I believe that what you are seeing on your SXGA+ screen (and what I also see on mine), is the result of the poster using the "pre" (pre-formatted or Courier typeface) tag. Line breaks are literal and will make the width of the thread fill out to the longest line.
----------
Ray Kawakami
X22;X24;X31;X41;X41T;X60;X60s;X61s;X300;X301;Z60m;Z61t;Z61p;560Z;600E;600X;T21;T22;T23;T41;R50;A21p;A22p;A31 and A31p
Not a Lenovo employee; just a volunteer helping out here
All personal links to PC-Doctor software removed 8/2012 by mfg request
andyP

Thanks Ray, :smileysad: and I was sorta hoping :smileywink:

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog