Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HDMI
xhu12

If you block the thread...

[ Edited ]

How can we know what the user sroberjames going to say? I don't think that sentence would stop people who love thinkpads from posting, he is not stopping anybody from posting but you admins! I do like the thinkpads design and features, but don't like the way how the production/quality control are set these days. As well as the bad customer support.

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: If you block the thread...

You obviously didn't read their post properly.

"No point in saying "I haven't had any problems with mine..." - the fact that one model happened not to have broken doesn't mean much."

They suggested that members who don't have any problems don't post. That is definitely not the object / purpose of a forum!

Thanks for expressing your concern.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
srobertjames

Thank you, xhu12. What you said is *clearly* correct. I want to hear good and bad. But saying "I have one which works" is neither.

I still wanted to buy a thinkpad. But now that I see Andy locked a thread the moment people start talking about problems, I've gotten really scared. In a sense, Andy's lock answered my original question better than any individual report of broken machines could.
andyP

srobertjames wrote:
. I want to hear good and bad. But saying "I have one which works" is neither.

Then you obviously need to be more accurate / explicit in your meaning as to why your disqualification of " "I have one which works" is neither" doesn't count as a valid answer. Otherwise we have to assume the worst.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

HDMI
xhu12

[ Edited ]

I interprete that sentences as  "no need to say I don't have problem with it" because that is not what he is interesting in, I think he is interested to see what problem he could potentially run into when he purchase a thinkpad. "Everything is fine" should be something you would expect when you buy a thinkpad, which is not always in the reality. And this statement does not imply "do not post here if you like thinkpads" and the intention to exlude users who are happy with thinkpads is your over-interpretation.

andyP

xhu12,

thankyou for you input.

My comments were directed at srobertjames and not yourself. I am sure srobertjames is capable of replying themselves. Please refrain from commenting further in this thread.

Thank you.

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
srobertjames

Andy: xhu12 said it better than I could myself.

Paper Tape
srobertjames

PS And please do not block xhu12 from comment. He's been very helpful. It's shocking to see how quick this forum is to block helpful threads or people simply because their isn't the officially sponsored one.
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

Please start a new thread

[ Edited ]

All,

I support Andy's position here because I see this discussion deliberately set up with a negative slant and an expressed attitude that any positives don't count.  That really isn't helpful to other members and only serves to drive an agenda to prove the products have flaws.  That is neither constructive, nor the point of this support forum.

We allow plenty of negative comments - people can post about their troubles with the intention / expectation of receiving suggestions from others.

Please keep in mind that because this is a support forum, people are coming here with their problems, so it is self fulfilling to conclude the product has problems.   What would be a more clear measure is the number of problems / divided by units in the field.   There may well be products with fewer problems in the field and fewer problems posted that in actuality perform worse than, say the W520 that people targeted in this discussion.

Also, people tend to deal with normal issues like HDD fails with less frequent mention, yet post more frequently about operational quirks, drivers and BIOS, CPU throttling, etc, etc.   Many of the problems that are most vocally discussed in the forum may have the least real impact when you consider the total install base.  (other problems not discussed may affect more units)   All things considered, we do try to pay the most attention to the discussions that seem to involve the most members having the same symptoms.

If your objective is to ask people's impressions and experiences about the W520 in consideration of a potential purchase, then I recommend you might get better results by approaching this in a more nuetral manner....

For example, why not ask - who has owned a W500, W510, and a W520 and whether they think the newer models are better or worse and why?  Consider factors like driver stability, compatibility, performance, interactions with service.  Which factors are most important to you?

You might also ask what do they like best about the W520 and what do they wish we had done differently?

There are thousands of service events conducted every month and most go smoothly as one would expect, yet there is no complelling reason for people to come and post that they had a great service event.  You kinda expect that - why waste time going out and telling people that things worked out like you expected?    But when things don't go according to plan - we botch the repair, damage something else, delay for parts, etc - frustrations mount and members want to vent about it, and get some help.   That is perfectly natural, but I think it can give a false picture since it shows only the troubles.

We really do want you to particpate here and we want to hear from you...   can we start again and think about what it is you really want.  Do you want objective advice from other W520 owners?  If so,  please kick off a new thread...

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
srobertjames

Re: Please start a new thread

Thank you Mark.  My goal isn't to know which W* model is the best or has the most fans.  My goal is simply one thing: To find out if ThinkPads have reliability similar to what they used to.

Do you consider that an unacceptable question?