Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
zachallen
Accepted Solution

Language

Why is the Lenovo board coming up in German?  I registered in the US and never saw an option to select German.  How do I change the language of the site's pages?

JaneL

Re: Language

It's a bug. I reset your preference. Try it now, and please let me know if it's working.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
jgg204

My language is also showing up as German. can you reset my language to English please?

thanks!

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

jgg204, welcome to the forum,

settings are changed, let us know if you still have a problem with them.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

Thankis Andy. You're the man :smileywink:

Hi jgg204, may i know what browser did you use for the registration? What time did it happen? Did the German language page show up right after you successfully registered as a member?

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Cleo,

The problem is known - I have a case open on it.

The issue is that when you do registration, it defaults to English, but English is not the first on the pull down for language.  If you make any mistake during registration ( say you pick a login name that already exists, or use an email that already exists, or when you enter the email twice and password twice, if they don't match, or if your password isn't at least 6 chars) the form resets and shows you what you need to fix with a red highlight.

But, when the form resets, there is a glitch and the language selector changes to the first one on the list which is German.  If the person registering doesn't notice this change, they wind up in German.  I've had it happen to me while registering some internal users.

Will get it fixed - it is annoying, but has not been top on the list - yet. :smileywink:

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
Community Moderator
yigit

my settings > preferences > use default (us english ) > save

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
KA2NLM

I am stuck in German.  Can someone,  tell me in German, what the steps are to get reset to English?

Paper Tape
dianahc

HELP - EVERYTHING IS IN GERMAN!

(Reposting because my previous title was not informative - I thought I was writing an email to an admin - because everything is IN GERMAN!)

I just registered to respond to a post about the f'ing annoying problem with my W520 DVD tray opening at the slightest touch - or sometimes, it seems, even WITHOUT being touched.

So I signed up - and the confirming email is IN GERMAN!  And the site is now IN GERMAN!  Up at the top left, it says "Support in other languages" - but it's on ENGLISH - and I don't see how else I can change it.

The thread I was trying to reply to was 4 pages long - but I couldn't find it ON THE GERMAN VERSION of the site.  I backtracked to the page that was open when I tried to reply before I had to register - and IT'S IN GERMAN.  And when I clicked on what I think is the "reply" button, it takes me to a page IN GERMAN that doesn't allow for making a post.

How aggravating!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: HELP - EVERYTHING IS IN GERMAN!

[ Edited ]

i've reset your settings. you should be able to see the forum in english now.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com