Support in other languages: 
Retired Moderator
JHEM

Layout of the Welcome Page

When I'm logged in, the initial welcome page shows  "browse boards" as the first forum header with a duplicate listing of the T Series Thinkpad forum. To wit:
browseboards
  MESSAGE BOARD MSGS NEW  
T Series ThinkPads Discussion of T series performance ThinkPads Latest Thread - Introduction message should be in a "Introduce yourself" forum Latest Post - Re: Introduction 25 0 Remove this Board Float
Introduction 2 boards
  MESSAGE BOARD MSGS NEW  
Welcome This is the Board description. HTML allowed! Latest Thread - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Latest Post - Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 7 0 Float this Board to the Top
Forum Housekeeping Community Discussion - suggestions on Forum content, design, operation Latest Thread - What about the 'Statistics' ? Latest Post - Re: Whot, no other comments/criticisms?
When I'm logged out, this is what I see:

MESSAGE BOARD MSGS NEW  
Welcome This is the Board description. HTML allowed! Latest Thread - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Latest Post - Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 7 0 Float this Board to the Top
Forum Housekeeping Community Discussion - suggestions on Forum content, design, operation Latest Thread - What about the 'Statistics' ? Latest Post - Re: Whot, no other comments/criticisms?

Why is there a duplicate listing of the T Series forum when I'm logged in?

James
Regards,

James
Esteban_Lenovo

Re: Layout of the Welcome Page

Because you have floated that Board :smileywink:

When you float boards they appear both at their original location and floated at the top.

Regards,
Retired Moderator
JHEM

Esteban_Lenovo wrote:

When you float boards they appear both at their original location and floated at the top.

No entiendo!
Regards,

James
JHEM

JHEM wrote:

Esteban_Lenovo wrote:

No entiendo!

Olvidar, gracias.

James
Regards,

James
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

Esteban_Lenovo wrote:

Regards,

I presume that "floating" means you use the little arrows to move a post/theme upwards? If that is the case, I haven't floated anything and see exactly what JHEM sees, i.e. double.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Retired Moderator
JHEM

andyP wrote:
I presume that "floating" means you use the little arrows to move a post/theme upwards? If that is the case, I haven't floated anything and see exactly what JHEM sees, i.e. double.

Nor did I float anything AFAIR, but it was easily cleared by clicking on the little arrow.

James
Regards,

James
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

James,
I don't know what you did but now I've got this, the "community rules" at the top and bottom. The top arrow is red and can't be clicked, if I click on the bottom community rules arrow it appears again, below itself (standard shown before clicking on lower). ???

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Retired Moderator
JHEM

andyP wrote:
The top arrow is red and can't be clicked

If the arrow is red it means it's been placed by an an Admin.

If you hover your cursor over it you should get a popup saying so.

James
Regards,

James