Support in other languages: 
FDP
Token Ring
FDP

Moderators a bit heavy handed here?

I just noticed that a moderator moved the "not enough updates, time to sell it?" post to the general forum where it makes absolutelty no sense (no product name in title, TPT specific post). This seems totally nonsensical as this post (which was not my own) is clearly relevent to this forum. It would be nice if moderators used more discretion when moving posts or editing them, particularly when these posts are critical of the mother company... This is not the first heavy handed behavior that I have noticed here, and I don't mean to single that specific mod out. As a user the lack of support and response from Lenovo does not pair well with the somewhat aggressive forum moderation (locking posts, removing content for supposed rules violation while refusing to explain to the user what rule was violated (my personal experience), and arbitrary relocation of posts). Interestingly the general forum (which I would never visit to get TPT information) seems like a dumping ground for critical posts. The only real support available on this product is from other users, please be more respectful of these posts.
JaneL

Re: Moderators a bit heavy handed here?

I'm not the moderator who moved that thread, but I assume that once the ebay link was posted it was interpreted as a For Sale message. Those belong in the General Discussions board.

See this:

"No commercial solicitation, other than advertisements placed by Lenovo.
This is not intended as an online shopping or trading forum. Members may not post inventories of items, or list items for sale on a routine basis. "Wanted" posts (e.g., a member seeking a 701c system) are permitted on a one-off basis. Individuals may also post single Lenovo products, or directly related accessory items as "for sale" in the general discussion area."

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

I definitely get that you don't want people posting links to items for sale on the forum, that makes sense. What doesn't make much sense is moving TPT specific posts out of the TPT forum. It seems like it would be better to remove the offending link and leave a note regarding not posting seller links. For example, there is no longer any link from the TPT forum to this post, even though this is aimed specifically at that community.

Also, it would be nice if it wasn't possible for incredibly immature users to spam other's posts using tags... 

andyP
Topics: 164
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 634

FDP wrote:

For example, there is no longer any link from the TPT forum to this post, even though this is aimed specifically at that community.. 

I moved the post for the reason JaneL stated and left a placeholder pointing to it which members can follow if they choose to.

FDP wrote:

Also, it would be nice if it wasn't possible for incredibly immature users to spam other's posts using tags... 

Could you please be a little more specific, maybe provide one or two links to examples of what you mean?

Thanks

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

[ Edited ]

Example is at the top of this thread...

I think the problem is that the TPT is a bit of a disaster and the forum is the only place for users to go to discuss the problems and ask each other for help. I accept that some of the moderation has been well intentioned, but it has stifled the discussion a bit. I think there is a balance here between maintaining an orderly forum and making people more frustrated than they already are. The placeholders are a good idea, I hadn't realized they would stay longterm.