Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
abvasili

Open to suggestions? These are my ideas...

Hi,

It's about a week that I'm thinking about this. I hope no one get bored or upset because maybe I'm repeating something already considered. Honestly, I do not have enough time to read each single post regarding forum. This said I'm getting to the point:

My idea for the forum is offering the possibility to the registered users to write in his/her profile more information that can be accessible to other users, community moderators or lenovo stuff. (and a I'm not talking about personal, confidential info :smileyhappy: )

What kind of information I'm thinking?

Ideas: In their profile users can write their ideas. Free style (sure, regarding this community, TPs, Windows, forum etc).

Wish list: What users wishes are. What they would like to see in future thinkpad models? What they wish to see in forums. Etc

Hardware and OS: What hardware are they using, why? What Operating Systems? Is everything working ok? If something was not ok, what did they do to make things work?

Tutorials: Anyone can write tutorials on how to make things work etc.

If it is possible, let users interact with each other, in this public info page, voting ideas, commenting etc, see each others setup, tutorials, giving credits, and comments.

Than, community moderators or lenovo staff could use this information to make the forum more productive, or future TP models more attractive and appealing to users.

If I can say it in a few word: Users express themselves, someone listens and give users (what is reasonable) what they want to make them happy. Community will as a result be bigger, happy and will stick around.

Ok, this is what I think can be done to have a more attractive, and fun forum (which is already great :smileyhappy: ).

Thanks for listening users :smileyhappy:

abvasili

I'm just a volunteer. I like to help others where I can. Do my ideas work? I hope so. o_O
Who helped you today? Do not forget to thank him.
My hardware: TP x120e 0596-2ru. Windows 7, sp1, 64Bit, English, installed in UEFI mode.
topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 238

Re: Open to suggestions? These are my ideas...

Hi abvasili,

Public help forums are, by their very nature, places where members come to get help for a problem.  Usually, members don't come here to express what a good time they're having.  They're here to get help for a problem.  Most times, even when  members problems are solved, they don't post back that it's solved.  They just go on their way until their next problem. 

What you're proposing is kind of like a sub-forum which would take discussion out of the public forum. A new member probably wouldn't have the foresight to search user names in order to see what comments he or she made in their profile.  

I agree that a member's computer model, what OS they are using, Model number, should be included in the members' signature, but again, that usually doesn't happen.  Members usually just register to have their problems aired and solved.

Quickly.

A comment section within a members profile is probably a good idea, though.

It's rare that a member, after his or her problem is solved, sticks around here to help out other members, such as what you are doing.  I would love to see more of that happening, but that is just not how public  help forums work. 

Keep your ideas coming, it gives great feedback as to how the forum is working.  (or not working)

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
802.11n
abvasili

Hi Dave,

I agree with you. This is not a kind of social networking. There are to much of those around where people like to chat with each other. (and I'm OK with that)

My idea is far from that. But in my settings I would like to have a page where to write some more info that can be useful to others. That's all.

Modestly, my experience in this field is limited, and I do not force my ideas in no way. I'm just writing what I think sound interesting. Probably this is too much or beyond what this forum needs.

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it. :smileyhappy:

abvasili

I'm just a volunteer. I like to help others where I can. Do my ideas work? I hope so. o_O
My hardware: TP x120e 0596-2ru. Windows 7, sp1, 64Bit, English, installed in UEFI mode.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

abvasili,

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback - it really means a lot to us when members like yourself think about what could make this place more friendly and help people connect around common ideas and interests.

There are some settings in the profile that can enable more of it to be shared and we may be able to activate some additional features there.  Will look into it.  Honestly, we've not given it as much thought as perhaps we should, because we've thought about things as Dave notes above.. that many people either come here to ask their question and get some help and then go.  People come and go.  

But there is a smaller group who come here several times a week and put time into customizing and connecting with others as they try to help out.  We certainly appreciate it when members stick around, post frequently as you do, and share ideas to make the Lenovo community feel more personal.

Kudos to you!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
802.11n
abvasili

@Mark,

Thank you for your response. :smileyhappy:

It's a pleasure contributing to this forum!

abvasili