Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
pagroundhog
Accepted Solution

SOLVED? How to mark an issue as such

Hello all,

I have two questions please.

First, how does one mark an issue as solved because I can't find anyway to do this.

Second, if an individual posts a problem and a solution (within the same post) should the original poster mark the issue as solved or should he/she defer that right to someone else that experiences the problem and confirms the solution.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Pagroundhog

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: SOLVED? How to mark an issue as such

re. solved;  in all posts, except the opening post there is a button "Accept As Solution" to the bottom right of the post left of the "Reply" button. 

Only the OP, Gurus, Moderators and Admin can select a post as the solution. Gurus Mods and Admin will usually wait for the OP to come back and mark the thread as solved, but will mark it as solved after a time if it's an obviously clear solution or a number of other members post stating their thanks for the solution.

It's preferable that OPs mark the solutions themselves as this contributes to their "points" and advancememnt up the Ranking System

Regards

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

802.11n
pagroundhog

Hi Andy,

Thanks for clearing up those issues and answering both of my questions. So, when I post a problem and a solution (in the same original post), I will have to rely on someone else to post a confirmation before I can mark it as solved; correct?

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

pagroundhog

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

No and Yes :smileytongue:

If you are the OP and solve your own problem you can mark your reply-post with your own solution as the solution, you do not need to wait for someone to confirm it.   However, if you post a question with the solution in the same opening post you cannot mark it as solved as the button is not present in the opening post and therefore cannot be selected as the solution.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

802.11n
pagroundhog

[ Edited ]

Thanks Andy,

Got it and will do!

pagroundhog