Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
hippy
Accepted Solution

The "connect to Facebook" icon on the forum header does not work (before logging in)

Before logging in, there's a blue facebook icon under the header. This facebook link does not work at all. This icon will disappear after logging in. Please cosider fix.

My ThinkPads: T21, X30, X31, X61, X220
erik

Re: The "connect to Facebook" icon on the forum header does not work (before logging in)

[ Edited ]

welcome to the forum!

it does look like the link is broken.   we'll definitely check into it.   thanks for pointing it out!

btw, the link is supposed to disappear once logged in.   that part is by design.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,311
Solutions: 284

Re: The "connect to Facebook" icon on the forum header does not work (before logging in)

Hippy,

Thanks for noting...

I just tried and it works for me.  Could you check a couple things for us?

1) Can you check that you are using the plural version of forum in the url?  forums.lenovo.com and not forum.lenovo.com

Both versions of the url will get you to the forum, and the singular (I believe) points to the plural in all the DNS wizardry behind the scenes.   The way the facebook connector works, I believe it can only be associated with one and it is associated with the plural version.   I used the plural version to login and post this.

2) If your browser blocks pop ups (and I'm using chrome and it did when I tried) the connect won't work.  You will need to enable popups to allow the facebook credential box to come up.

3) Have your configured the facebook connect in your forum profile?  You will need to associate your fourm ID with your facebook account for this to work.

Appreciate your feedback on these points so we can look into this further.

Many thanks!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
hippy

[ Edited ]

1. I'm on http://forum.lenovo.com/. the "connect with Facebook" link does not work at all if I'm not logged in. The hyperlink of the text goes to the forum itself. 

2. I also tried http://forums.lenovo.com/. The FB link works as expected, in a pop-up window. 

and yes, I'm connected with facebook in my browser. 

My ThinkPads: T21, X30, X31, X61, X220