Support in other languages: 
Guru
dragnoak
Accepted Solution

Why Doesn't Lenovo Spell Checker Recognize It's Own Name?

Every time I use Lenovo, in one of my posts, the spell checker wants to replace it with "Leno". Is this a plug for Jay Leno, of the Tonight Show? Even after I press "learn", on the next post it goes back to "Not Found" replace with Leno?

You would think that the web site designers would know their own company name! Or is the web site outsourced to another company?

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
erik

Re: Why Doesn't Lenovo Spell Checker Recognize It's Own Name?

[ Edited ]

this forum uses software from lithium.   there might be a way to customize the dictionary.   it's certainly worth looking into.

thanks for the feedback!

(edit: typo)

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

Guru
dragnoak

Lithium!

Isn't that a bi-polar drug, used to control manic depression? 

From Drugs.com:

What is lithium?

Lithium affects the flow of sodium through nerve and muscle cells in the body. Sodium affects excitation or mania.

Lithium is used to treat the manic episodes of manic depression. Manic symptoms include hyperactivity, rushed speech, poor judgment, reduced need for sleep, aggression, and anger. It also helps to prevent or lessen the intensity of manic episodes.

Oh, you actually mean lithium.com.  From their site:

http://www.lithium.com/what-we-do/

Quote:

"Lithium engages your social customers with habit-forming community experiences."

End Quote

It all makes sense to me now. By using your web site, powered by Lithium, I have developed a "bad habit" including hyperactivity, rushed speech, poor judgment, reduced need for sleep, aggression, and anger.

Cheers,

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
erik

yeah, the latter is the correct lithium.   i should have added a link.   there's one above the footer of every forum page so i figured they were getting enough exposure already. :smileywink:

in any case, we definitely appreciate and welcome any feedback you have on the forum's design or any features you might want to see added.   our goal is to improve the community in any way possible.

thanks again.

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

SCSI Port
machistmo

[ Edited ]

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules