Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jstanley

Customer Service Issues - do they ever get resolved?

My original warranty request was an SD card slot that didn't work.  I also had a small crack in the arm of the case that happened right after I bought the laptop but thought I may as well get it fixed. Long story made short....2 technicians in my home, 1 new case, 3 new motherboards and my computer wouldn't even power up.  I was told I had to send it in (Even though I'd paid for an in-home warranty) I received a voice mail stating the serial #'s didn't match so they can't proceed with fixing it.  I was on the phone for over an hour to be told that someone would call me in 5-30 MINUTES.  That was 24 hours ago.  When I called this morning I was told nobody was available to call me back.  My extended warranty is about to expire, I've been without a laptop for about 6 weeks now and all because my card slot wouldn't work.  I have never experienced such horrible customer service in my life.  Every time I call it is a minimum of 45 minutes and I get nowhere.  I'm considering having my Attorney get involved which is ridiculous over a laptop but I don't know what else to do.  Has anyone ever actually gotten their issues resolved? 

If anyone has any suggestions on someone to contact I'm all ears.  If I don't get this resolved and have to involve my Attorney then I can guarantee I'm also notifying my Attorney General.  He HATES companies that take advantage of individuals.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Customer Service Issues - do they ever get resolved?

hey jstanley,

welcome to the forums and apologies on what had happened..

could you pm to me the following info.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

What You would like us to do :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
jstanley

Re: Customer Service Issues - do they ever get resolved?

OP here....I got the "courtesy" .....I need some more info to help you email that I see many of you do. However, that was 3 days ago and I've not heard anything back from my PM.  I don't know why I'm surprised because this is par for the course with this group.